Borknagar comics

Borealis-

Viking
Dec 29, 2005
North Cape
I often draw comics in my spare-time, and I got the craziest idea.. What if people here on the forum made some wacky cartoons about the band? I saw something like that on the King Diamond forum, and it was awesome. I'll post something as soon as possible, and I hope you guys are in on it!:dopey:

Here's an idea.. Øystein, Vintersorg and Asgeir come to TopRoom for recording, only to see that Børge is gone, and the only trace of him is a huge hole in the roof. Lars is asleep on the keyboards and can tell what happened last night, and if Øystein was correct in his suspicions that Børge was abducted by aliens. Then I end with a killer line which I'm not going to spoil here. Does that sound cool? I think I'll get right on it as soon as possible. I've planned it a bit, and it will make excactly two pages, with 9 squares in each.

asgeir said:
Well, to tell the truth, Børge seems like a guy who's actually BEEN abducted...

- Asgeir
Hehe.. Yeah, I saw the video on Epic, and that could be right. The way he played "10 000 lovers" sure points in the direction that he's got a probe in a place where the sun never shines. But I need some info.. is there anything that he's obsessed about or always is thinkin of? Like food, recording stuff, boobs, whatever? :Smokin:

Hehe. I'll see what I can do about that. Albums would be awesome, but let's stick to drawing, scanning and uploading for now. :p
Oh, and one more question.. Who is the sick-o in the band? Who would I draw "tafsing" on the others or do wacky things? I've already decided to make Lars the "sløv" guy in the først one, but like.. what if Vintersorg was feeling up Asgeir in the background or something? Who is the most likely to do such things?

Borealis- said:
Umm.. Why are we suddenly discussing snus? :p

while I'm sure the mysterious nature of the following anecdote can be categorized under coincidence, it was nonetheless earie to me that I should encounter a man that would offer to buy me a can of 'snus' in return for driving him home, and not two days later find the same word applied here. It is only odd to find the correlating words because I haven't heard what is actually called 'snuff' referred to as anything besides 'chew' for more than a decade, and I can only recollect hearing snuff referred to as snus, once before. Obviously I haven't travelled much. It seems possible to me that the crane operator to whom I gave a lift may have had a trick up his sleeve.

It's just fancy anyway, certainly comical.

Growing up in North Dakota, I didn't know that snus was a Norwegian word until I was in my late teens. I think you'd find it to be equally common in any region with a high density of Scandinavians.

snuff is some foul shit, especially when a chick does it. Allthough, my friend had some orange flavored skoal, that didnt seem to bad.

I remember the days when I could dip some copenhagen then swallow it.

yeah snuff is good, I think all of them have to snuff before they turn on the PlaystationII (or was it an other gaming-console?) while listening to AC/DC...

hey, good Idea I'll try that later...

Borealis- said:
Hehe. I'll see what I can do about that. Albums would be awesome, but let's stick to drawing, scanning and uploading for now. :p
Oh, and one more question.. Who is the sick-o in the band? Who would I draw "tafsing" on the others or do wacky things? I've already decided to make Lars the "sløv" guy in the først one, but like.. what if Vintersorg was feeling up Asgeir in the background or something? Who is the most likely to do such things?

Lars is actually the hyper active guy. I'm definitely the relaxed one. You know why I play drums? Because I get to sit down!

- Asgeir

TravisW said:
I think you'd find it to be equally common in any region with a high density of Scandinavians.

It's likely that the word is used with greater frequency here, in western Washington state (where there are some Scandinavian sorts), than, say, Oklahoma, which is where I picked up the taste for snuff, and where it's so eloquently referred to as 'dip' :erk: . I've only lived here in Washington for about six years, and can honestly say I don't know any Norwegians... hence the word was a surprise... I thought it was the guy's own word for the stuff until I was prompted to do a little research.