borknagar on myspace

bngRox17!!

New Metal Member
:OMG: Dude... borknagar rox and somewhere has to have a place or site that has music that u could put on your myspace... i really want to do this badly.. so i know there has to be somewhere borknagar has to put songs on myspace. someone tell me where and i would be really thankful!!!!!!!!!!!:saint: thank u guys!!!

How are copyright matter handled with myspace.com? If I am not wrong, it´s not automatically free for a band (who naturally own rights to their own songs) to have a full-lenght mp3 on their site as an album checkout-piece. How can then a site like myspace.com work with "unofficial" band accounts like that one above?

It's not legal technically. It just depends on whether a band cares that somebody has posted a few songs of theirs on myspace. Therion had myspace take down an unofficial myspace page once.

Naku ist krig said:
How are copyright matter handled with myspace.com? If I am not wrong, it´s not automatically free for a band (who naturally own rights to their own songs) to have a full-lenght mp3 on their site as an album checkout-piece. How can then a site like myspace.com work with "unofficial" band accounts like that one above?
When uploading music to a MySpace Music profile, they say in the rules you must own the copyright to the music you're uploading. They don't enforce it though, unless the copyright owner makes a complaint about it.

Ihsahn recently had a fan made myspace that featured several songs for listening that weren't available elsewhere. That account was shut down. I don't know if it's still around, but ANOTHER Ihsahn fan-made myspace has popped up, this time the fan stupidly put the tracks up for download. I haven't even bought the album yet and I now have Invocation, Called by the Fire, Homecoming, and And He Shall Walk in Empty Places.

FUBAR said:
myspace is fucking gay ;)

I like myspace, it allows me to post my songs, check out bands, and keep in touch with old friends.

Although, it would be funny if it got shut down...a lot of people's lives would be in ruin.:lol: