Borknagar The Great...Bringing The Metal Back!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Not that I didn't enjoy the album ORIGIN. In fact, I will probably still be listening to it when I'm old and gray.

But it's nice to hear that they are returning once again to metal! Not that it's been that long... :lol:

I still believe now as I did when I first got into them, that Borknagar are among the best around of any genre. And the fact that most American metal fans don't even know who they are makes me embarrased to be an American metal fan. But whatever...

I await the new album. To say it will be great is like saying the sun will rise in the morning...you know it will...

All Hail Borknagar!

Yeah, hopefully it's like an old cd that featured a different singer than the band has now. Forget that the band has grown and advanced a lot, gotten a better sound... let's just have them make an The Olden Domain Part 2, that would be so awesome :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love The Archaic Course also, its a tough choice between the two for me and to tell you the truth that was the last cd from them i got, my loss i guess but the album that followed that one put me off them a bit.Has there ever been a band apart from Sabbath with two singers of that callibre!

Well it's all a matter of opinion anyways my friend. The Archaic Course is my favourite Borknagar album but Empiricism and Epic... not to mention Origin, all are equally amazing in my opinion. Sorry to hear that you didn't like the band moving forward with a new singer and better, more progressive material but, you will always have the first 4 cd's :p

EDIT: Unless you're talking about Quintessence (which was a really good cd imo as well), and are unaware there's a new singer then I invite you to check the new material out.

Back then it was all about BM for me and now as i've matured a bit maybe i should revisit there newer material!! I'm sure i will not be disapointed!!

Nowadays I don't consider Bork as a stereotypical metal band. While they sound like black metal to the average listener, the music is incredibly different then any other band. For some reason I think it has a lot to do with Lazare, the melodies he plays on the keys really affect the overall mood...its so weird, dark, and beautiful. I don't think Bork brings the metal back, they challenge what can be done inside that genre and take it in new directions. Thats why I love them.

That´s what´s exciting with a new release from a band of Borknagars kind,even if i anticipate,say, every new Dio album,i´m quite sure what i´ll get. With Borknagar every new record can be a new dimension to discover.

As much as I prefer Epic to Empiricism, the contrast wasn't as huge as it should have been and that makes me wonder if if this next album will lack the reinvention we've come to know.

As much as I prefer Epic to Empiricism, the contrast wasn't as huge as it should have been and that makes me wonder if if this next album will lack the reinvention we've come to know.

I'm hoping for an icier guitar tone. I can imagine Epic with Quintessence's production. Sounds strange, but that's the best I can hope for. Unless they're actually serious about going back to their roots.

I don't even want to read anything related to Quintessence production, unless it's someone saying it's utter shit :lol: Sorry Zephyrus, it's just a matter of taste , but I hate that production so much that even reading about it hurts my ears :p Such fantastic soungs ruined by an atrocious sound IMO...

The only positive thing I see about Q's production is the fact that it sounds way fuller than the newer albums. I think the most recent Borks productions are good, but somewhat too thin for my tastes.

Regarding the songwriting I just expect them to be Borknagar. Natural, forward-thinking yet respectful to their roots metal.

I still believe now as I did when I first got into them, that Borknagar are among the best around of any genre. And the fact that most American metal fans don't even know who they are makes me embarrased to be an American metal fan. But whatever...

Considering America specializes in thrash and death / brutal death, I don't see why this embarrasses you. Not that I necessarily prefer those types over the Borks...but you aren't giving us enough credit.