Borknagar!

Kem

Very cynical
Apr 15, 2001
Brisbane
Visit site
I just started listening to these guys last night! I'm so blown away :D They are excellent. So, anyone else about who likes them?

Right now its The Witching Hour (off Archaic Course). Brilliant album this is! Hehe don't you love that first time you listen to stuff from a band you just started listening to and you listen to them non-stop and try to find any excuse to play it? :D

YAY FOR METAL! :loco:

'The Archaic Course' is one of my all time favourite albums! Borknagar for breakfast! :D Kem we MUST meet up when Opeth tour Australia! I am consuming 'Orchid' right now. ha ha BORKNAGAR are the greatest!

Originally posted by Kem
Right now its The Witching Hour (off Archaic Course). Brilliant album this is! Hehe don't you love that first time you listen to stuff from a band you just started listening to and you listen to them non-stop and try to find any excuse to play it? :D

YAY FOR METAL! :loco:

yeah I do that all the time , espicially when I know an album/song is a grower i'll listen to it for hours or something . Check out the song Presence , Revolt or Oceans Rise wich has the best ending ever

Originally posted by Jo
'The Archaic Course' is one of my all time favourite albums! Borknagar for breakfast! :D Kem we MUST meet up when Opeth tour Australia! I am consuming 'Orchid' right now. ha ha BORKNAGAR are the greatest!

Borknagar for breakfast! Woo! :D Yes we must meet up. Hopefully they'll come to Brisbane and you will too! If they don't come here I may be in a dilly of a pickle :(

Borknagar are one of the best metal bands going today. Few bands move me as much as they do, their msuic is brilliant. The Archaic Course is one of the most amazing works of art in metal history!! Damn, I love it! Too bad Hestnaes is gone though, he was a god.

All must worship Universal!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like The Olden Domain the best. I think Garm's vocals were better. I like Vortex on The Archaic Course a lot, but on Quintessence his vox just didn't sound right. He must have used a lot of effects or something 'cause it just doesn't sound very natural to me. My favorite song has to be "Dawn of the End". Damn that one rules.

n/p: Opeth-Blackwater Park

Well, what do I say. "Me too !" I love all of Borknagar's albums/vocalists. They are the other band besides Opeth who have mastered "that" sort of melody in metal.

----------------------------------
NP: Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

I think borknagar is a very good band......I've heard all their stuff and i prefer the first 2......awesome both!
as for the archaic course and quintessence,they are very good albums,but still i don\t feel so excited about them..... maybe it's the lack of Garm's voice ;)

I really like Borknagar - I became a fan of them before I started really liking Opeth. In fact, I think I was already big into Borknagar while Orchid was still sitting on my CD rack and hadn't "clicked" yet.

hibernal dream, you wrote that Quintessence´s production
is bad. If it´s bad then you must consider The Olden Domain´s
production really bad ´cos it sucks. I cannot understand how
something like that could have happened at Woodhouse studios.
:confused:

I remember getting Olden Domain back when it came out and being totally blown away. GArm was the best, though nothing against Simen. I just wish the Trickster would sing more on his current projects....