Borknagars logo and its copyright

Jonki

Apr 1, 2004
hi
im planning to make my own "custom" hooded sweatshirt at www.yourstuff.no But the deal is that i want a borknagar logo on it, but i dont know how it is about copyright and so on. i just want to be deadly sure about it. someone who has a opinion?

I believe the logo is copyrighted, and henceforth any/all reproduction without the owners permission is illegal.
BUT, who's gonna stop you from drawing the logo on one of your own sweaters? Nobody.
I think these laws were more or less created to hinder a bigger illegal production scale of copyrighted material.
But, www.yourstuff.no MIGHT demand written permission from the owner of the logo before they make the sweater for you.
I believe Øystein would be the man to ask.

Thanks for the answer, Tyr :) well, i have ordered the hooded sweather now, lets wait and see :erk: and no, im not planning to distrubute this sweather, this is just for personal use (sorry for my gebrokken english). I really hope this gonna work, i have looked through valleys and forests for Borknagar shirts/longsleeves/sweathers with XXL size with no luck :erk:

As long as you have a little artistic talent and some non-puffy fabric paint you can have any band shirt you want. :) I painted my own dissection hoodie and nobody knows that I did it myself. I also did a Horna shirt but the dryer destroyed it....so now all my shirts are hung to dry. dryers and handpainted shirts that you work really hard on to get exact do not mix.

Premission granted....hehe.. Mr. Tiwaz is quite right. Nobody cares if somebody want to make a personal Bork shirt, infact that is just cool!
But the moment you start to earn money on our name it's stricktly illegal ofcourse- forexample to print 10(0) shirts and sell them.... In that case a US lawyer might pay you a visit. Hehe...

thanks for the answer guys! it helped alot!! :hotjump: i have to wait a couple a weeks, but then, i'll maybe post som pictures of the sweather :)
again... thanks alot! :)

is there any other web like this yourstuff.no but in english? it would be nice to make my own shirt or whatever:)

i have looked through valleys and forests for Borknagar shirts/longsleeves/sweathers with XXL size with no luck
You went to the wrong valleys and forests.
loco.gif

Oceana said:
is there any other web like this yourstuff.no but in english? it would be nice to make my own shirt or whatever:)

I used cafepress once, the results are good... but I guess that your town has a shop where they would make it for you (and you'll be able to touch the clothes and try the size if you wish) ;)

I also tried to do a borknagar tshirt myself... I bought one of those print-transfer paper and printed the logos on it... unfortunately, ironing this to the tshirt is so difficult, and the result was kinda messy.. I had to end it up by manual painting... really EPIC, I know :D :D

tshirt.jpg

masaccia said:
I used cafepress once, the results are good... but I guess that your town has a shop where they would make it for you (and you'll be able to touch the clothes and try the size if you wish) ;)

I also tried to do a borknagar tshirt myself... I bought one of those print-transfer paper and printed the logos on it... unfortunately, ironing this to the tshirt is so difficult, and the result was kinda messy.. I had to end it up by manual painting... really EPIC, I know :D :D

tshirt.jpg

i think it looks good actually... would look better in a different color combo though

mevyhetal said:
i think it looks good actually... would look better in a different color combo though

I know... I just wanted a white tshirt for summer :) BTW, I've just discovered in the computer shop another transfer paper which glows in the dark... I don't know if this works very well, but it can be printed on dark clothes! Anyone has ever used that?

to the man with the sweater.

you should learn how to screen print.theres responcibility and honor code to be taken into consideration,seeing as people bootleg and sell shit illegally,but if its for personal use thats no violation of the law.i have searched high and low as well for borknagar merch.i found it on the century media uk site,but no mediums(i can hemn them,and i plan on doing that when i get some cash)but ordering over seas is a pain in the ass.so i made a screen of the logo and put it on a black t shirt.of course,selling the an unliscensed shirt for profit is out of the question,but screen printing is a rad hobby,and art form.hell,it might even help you get buddy buddy with bands you like.for instance i did some printing for misery index and found that they are amazing people.and i do the merch for my own band.if you would like tips on printing please email me.
please let me stress that bootlegging merch and selling it is horrible and capitolistic.
Aust and anagnorisis