Boss Rack Multi

Oct 22, 2007
Hey, I just got my new amp (5150 yumyum :) ) and i'm looking to start collecting my rack gear.

Has anyone got the Boss GT-Pro rack multi fx? (I tried searching but it won't let me search for words like gt or fx :err:) I'm thinking of either getting that or the G Major.

The Boss has amp sims (which i would never use live) but would be useful for practising in uni next year- even if they suck. And i could use it with the 5150's preamp in one of the loops so i can bypass it for clean sounds. It also has a tube screamer simulation, reducing the amount of pedals i need (and therefore things that will break on stage. Not can break on stage, will break.)

It is however more expensive than the tc, and tbh all i really need from this unit is a bit of delay, reverb and maybe even phase if i really want to push the boat out. I assume that the effects from the TC will be better quality than the Boss ones too..

Or should i listen to the part of my brain that says that effects are for pussys, clean sounds are for pussys and just turn my 5150 up louder and use the money to get a new tattoo? :cool:

I did find that thread but it didn't help any.

I think my money might be better spent on a macbook pro and protools

Hey, I just got my new amp (5150 yumyum :) ) and i'm looking to start collecting my rack gear.

Has anyone got the Boss GT-Pro rack multi fx? (I tried searching but it won't let me search for words like gt or fx :err:) I'm thinking of either getting that or the G Major.

The Boss has amp sims (which i would never use live) but would be useful for practising in uni next year- even if they suck. And i could use it with the 5150's preamp in one of the loops so i can bypass it for clean sounds. It also has a tube screamer simulation, reducing the amount of pedals i need (and therefore things that will break on stage. Not can break on stage, will break.)

It is however more expensive than the tc, and tbh all i really need from this unit is a bit of delay, reverb and maybe even phase if i really want to push the boat out. I assume that the effects from the TC will be better quality than the Boss ones too..

Or should i listen to the part of my brain that says that effects are for pussys, clean sounds are for pussys and just turn my 5150 up louder and use the money to get a new tattoo? :cool:
Hi my friend....hope you are well. Im Eddy Leger (lunatic4444)........i have two GT-Pros and a T-8 and use two Crown XLSv1,v2,v3..........or i go to JC-120 or Princeton. I love, love , love them..........i find them much superior to the axe fx. OK you may not agree, but the GT is all metal switchcraft jacks along the back. I have designed a fx sheet, a list of all parameters to all functions......303 lines long......but took me a month to log all Patches, factory, and my settings. You have sooooo much to offer if you are a "tone tweeker"....lol.....the deeper ya dive the better.......i still can't say i know everything.......2 fx loops , ser/paralel, and a pre-loop....chose open or close cab, mic type distance and types, stereo main out + sub out (direct to board).........i would buy a third if i could find another....people have no idea how forward it is and a tweekers heaven. A short story, i bugged my Roland/Boss rep for four years begging him to sell, he finally did and what a surprise.....it was originally sent to Randy Bachman to evaluate, then sent it back but signed the bottom, and he got 4 more, the to Alex Lifeson, same thing, he evaluated it, signed it, sent it back, he got a few to record (at the time) but i saw studio rig and saw two in there. Anyway, they left their settings, each, and now i got all their settings and experiments.....i can take pics for you if you wish........im newbie here, kinda, my opinion........i got two and the GT-8 because they share same everything except less output options...( not much real estate on GT8........anyway, hope this helps, feel free to contact me, if you get one............i promise, it will consume your time, because its so rewarding to have every possible tool in them. Be well my friend........my email is e.eleger@xplornet.ca.........