Bottom of the Barrel

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's some records that I would recommend you avoid, there's nothing of value in any of these records & I wonder why they were even recorded..:erk:

Naked Beggars-s/t, I thought there would be something happening here, as the band features Eric Brittingham & Jeff LeBar from Cinderella. Yes, a glam band, but probably one of ther few that still stand the test of time. Anyway, this is nothing more that B-Movie type quality in the sound & song writing. A huge disappointment.:yell:

WASP-The Neon God, another snooze fest by Blackie. When will he just hang it up? I mean the story line in this record is about as generic as they come. Sister Sadie, Sister's of Mercy?! Gimme a fucking break, every cliche has been used on this here record. If nothing else, this record would be helpful, when used as an example, as to how NOT to write a concept record!!!!!
This record makes his last "brick" sound like "Physical Graffitti." Would someone tell this guy to just go away?!:err:

these are two that I had nothing good to say about...

Wait, Gene Simmons Asshole... It's a decent "novelty record." Who the hell buys those kinds of records?! Maybe the same guys that buy Wierd Al & Adam Sandler records... While you get a couple of killer tracks with Bruce & Eric, and Black Tongue, after a while, this one begins to collect dust will Neon God & Naked Beggars...:ill:

So top ten 2004 already? :Smokedev:

1. Wolf – “Evil Star”
2. Ayreon – “The Human Equation”
3. Manigance – “D’Un Autre Sang”
4. Malediction – “Esclave Du Vice”
5. Motorhead – “Inferno”
6. Spastic Ink – “Ink Compatible”
7. Skyclad – “A Semblance Of Normality”
8. Cans – “Beyond The Gates”
9. Dream Evil – “The Book Of Heavy Metal”
10. Death Angel – “The Art Of Dying”

ddSome of the positions may shift until December.

Psychonaut said:
I've read a lot of very good things about the WASP. I'm surprised to read this even though I haven't heard the record yet. I'll exercise some caution before buying it...

Well Hahahahah I like it I think its Great ............ But I dont like anything good so dont listen to me :loco:

Wyvern said:
So top ten 2004 already? :Smokedev:

1. Wolf – “Evil Star”
2. Ayreon – “The Human Equation”
3. Manigance – “D’Un Autre Sang”
4. Malediction – “Esclave Du Vice”
5. Motorhead – “Inferno”
6. Spastic Ink – “Ink Compatible”
7. Skyclad – “A Semblance Of Normality”
8. Cans – “Beyond The Gates”
9. Dream Evil – “The Book Of Heavy Metal”
10. Death Angel – “The Art Of Dying”

ddSome of the positions may shift until December.
sounds good to me!

No Order
1. Edguy - HellfireClub
2. Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
3. Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden
4. Vehemence - Helping the World to See
5. Vintersorg - The Focusing Blur
6. BLAZE - Blood and Belief
7. Death Angel - The Art of Dying
8. Satyricon - Volcano (2004 US release)
9. Suffocation - Souls to Deny
10.WASP - The Neon God

The W.A.S.P is not really that bad...nothing WOW! But acceptable....what am really dissapointed with is the new Dokken and the new Scorps albums...love both bands, hate their latest efforts, just plain weak :erk:

Pabla said:
The W.A.S.P is not really that bad...nothing WOW! But acceptable....what am really dissapointed with is the new Dokken and the new Scorps albums...love both bands, hate their latest efforts, just plain weak :erk:
I haven't heard the new Dokken & probably won't EVER, I think the Scorpions record is very good, it's not fantastic, but a hell of a lot better than Eye II Eye...

I don't have 10 Yet! :)

Exodus-Tempo of the Damned
Death Angel-The Art of Dying
Motorhead-Inferno
Scorpions-Unbreakable
Wolf – Evil Star

sixxswine said:
I haven't heard the new Dokken & probably won't EVER, I think the Scorpions record is very good, it's not fantastic, but a hell of a lot better than Eye II Eye...
Not a Dokken fan huh? Well, am a fan of their older catalogue...all their newer material is just plain bad and mediocre. As to the Scorp album agreed...but it's kind of hard to swallow when they had promissed this one would be as "heavy" as "Blackout" you know what I mean? ;) But yeah, I'll give it that it has a few nice tracks :)

Pabla said:
Not a Dokken fan huh? Well, am a fan of their older catalogue...all their newer material is just plain bad and mediocre. As to the Scorp album agreed...but it's kind of hard to swallow when they had promissed this one would be as "heavy" as "Blackout" you know what I mean? ;) But yeah, I'll give it that it has a few nice tracks :)
I'm Actually a Dokken fan, but not recently. They are on a roll, a very bad one...

JonnyD said:
it looks like One thing we can all agree on is the new Death Angel Rocks! :D
Is this board yes, but I know some second opinions :lol:

sixxswine said:
I'm Actually a Dokken fan, but not recently. They are on a roll, a very bad one...
Agreed, they should just give it up :erk: as they haven't been able to put out a decent record in yearssss, plus Don's vocals are faded :(

As to the death angel I cannot really comment on that as I have not heard it yet...interesting as it gets such mixed reviews.

JonnyD said:
it looks like One thing we can all agree on is the new Death Angel Rocks! :D

:kickass: - Finally, something we agree on :loco:

Thanks for your review Sixx. I also usually buy CD's without listening to it first, mainly because I'm the only metalhead around for miles and secondly, I live in the 3rd world where things happens very slowly. I really have to look hard to find the newer stuff and then they overcharge(I paid roundabout $42 for "The Art of Dying") I'm greatfull for threads like this, I know if you guys like certain stuff I'd probably would to, that at least makes it worth buying. Wyvern also mentioned sites at another thread where you can listen to some of the stuff, I'll check it out. I so wanted to buy the new WASP, but if you say it sucks more than their last one I'd rather not.