Your fav albums of the 90s?

Wyvern said:
Most definitively it's better than the rest of the albums, a most noble way to bid farewell to Dave :cool:

That's one of the big reasons I love that disc. His solo on Tainted Past is the most emotional work he did. There's not a lot to it but it moves me every time. It was nice to have Phil back at work with them too.

Walter_Langkowski said:
The Galactic Cowboys- "Space In Your Face"

YES!!!! Good Man! I forgot that one!!!

a few more

James Murphy - Convergence
Iron Maiden - XFactor (Fuck You I like Blaze :D )
Morgana Lefay - The Secret Doctrine
Tad Morose - Leaving the Past Behind
Pro-Pain - Foul Taste of Freedom, The Truth Hurts
Death Angel - Act III

There is also a Shitload on all you guys lists that I agree with 100%

the 90s were awesome.

Atheist - Piece of Time/Unquestionable Prescence
Mayhem - Live In Leipzieg, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Graveland - Thousand Swords
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick, maybe Covenant...
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns, to the gates of blasphemous fire
Slayer - Seasons, Divine Intervention
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Summoning - Dol Guldur, Stronghold, Nightshade Forests
Mercyful Fate - In the Shadows

a bunch of others...

Walter_Langkowski said:
Great shred album and that one song with Chuck Billy on vox (name escapes me now) is just fantastic. Murphy really plays with some great emotion on that solo.

Both Murphy solo albums are great. The song you mentioned is 'Touching The Earth' and it's very good indeed, nevertheless my favorite one is 'Red Alert'.
If not you should check the second album "Feeding The Machine" in which Chuck also contributes on 'No One Can Tell You'.

NP: Brice Dickinson - 'Soul Intruder'

Well I probably forget some:

Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Megadethb - Rust in Peace
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Wasp - the Crimson Idol
Slayer - Diabolus in Musica

Wyvern said:
Both Murphy solo albums are great. The song you mentioned is 'Touching The Earth' and it's very good indeed, nevertheless my favorite one is 'Red Alert'.
If not you should check the second album "Feeding The Machine" in which Chuck also contributes on 'No One Can Tell You'.

NP: Brice Dickinson - 'Soul Intruder'

Yeah, "Touching The Sun"...amazing song!:headbang:

I have heard his other one through a friend...although I thought Convergence was the 2nd one. Are you sure on that, Wyv?

Walter_Langkowski said:
I have heard his other one through a friend...although I thought Convergence was the 2nd one. Are you sure on that, Wyv?

Damn sure, I own both :D . "Convergence" is the first (1996) and "Feeding The Machine" the second one (1999).

Walter_Langkowski said:
Oh...:erk: thanks! I screwed that one up.

Not at all, if you're not a hard follower you can lost tracks of things ;)

That reminds me of an anecdote several years ago. I befriend these sisters who were a lot into music and a bit into metal.
We suddenly went to discuss Iron Maiden and they told me how much they like the debut, so we begin to discuss the classic which song is your fave?
So I got something like oh 'Run To The Hills'. You can imagine the rest :p

I thought Don't Break The Circle was a Blind Guardian original (idiot didn't read booklet) until I bought Demon "The Unexpected Guest" and found out the hard way :oops:

Many years ago was a local video show and once after playing Scorpions 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' the VJ said that was a great video from the second Scorpions album. Yap, the imbecile believed "Blackout" was Scorpions debut o_O

All above examples of misinformation, sometimes it's comprehensible because you got the wrong info from a "reliable" source, sometimes it's a reason for a mercy killing :lol:

Wyvern said:
Not at all, if you're not a hard follower you can lost tracks of things ;)

That reminds me of an anecdote several years ago. I befriend these sisters who were a lot into music and a bit into metal.
We suddenly went to discuss Iron Maiden and they told me how much they like the debut, so we begin to discuss the classic which song is your fave?
So I got something like oh 'Run To The Hills'. You can imagine the rest :p

I thought Don't Break The Circle was a Blind Guardian original (idiot didn't read booklet) until I bought Demon "The Unexpected Guest" and found out the hard way :oops:

Many years ago was a local video show and once after playing Scorpions 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' the VJ said that was a great video from the second Scorpions album. Yap, the imbecile believed "Blackout" was Scorpions debut o_O

All above examples of misinformation, sometimes it's comprehensible because you got the wrong info from a "reliable" source, sometimes it's a reason for a mercy killing :lol:

:Spin:

Yeah, that all makes sense. It's cool when one doesn't make someone else feel stupid about that stuff. We all have started off on a certain point with a few bands, and a lot of the time that could be 3-4 albums down the line.

As far as the Murphy LP's go, I have a burned copy of "Convergence" (I know, I am a music thief:Spin: ), so I don't have the insleeve. It was just one of those things where I accesed a memory in my mind where it was being played and I just got them mixed up.

It happens.:yell:

Been scanning through these posts, Savatage is definatley here but what happened to "Streets"? (released in 1991) Didn't anybody pick up the rock opera!?
If you like melodic metal, savatage or just so happen to be cruisin for a solid album, Streets is a must.

(My apologies to anyone who did mention Streets, I didn't see it :erk: )

SavaMaidenRay said:
Been scanning through these posts, Savatage is definatley here but what happened to "Streets"? (released in 1991) Didn't anybody pick up the rock opera!?
If you like melodic metal, savatage or just so happen to be cruisin for a solid album, Streets is a must.

(My apologies to anyone who did mention Streets, I didn't see it :erk: )

For some reason I thought it was already mentioned. 'Streets' is one of my top albums of all time! :headbang:

Iced Earth-Iced Earth, Night Of The Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, and Somethig Wicked This Way comes
Grave Digger-The Reaper, Symphony Of Death, Heart Of Darkness, Tunes Of War, Knights Of The Cross, and Excalibur.
HammerFall-Glory To The Brave and Legacy Of Kings.

There's more like most Blind Guardian albums and King Diamond albums also.

Not particularly in order:
1. Queensryche - Empire and Promised Land (unfortunately nothing else '90's!)
2. Nightwish - Oceanborn
3. Stratovarius - Episode, Visions, Destiny
4. Rush - Roll the Bones
5. Royal Hunt -Paradox
So many others I have yet to go back and collect!!!!!!