Bottom of the Barrel

zeppelin said:
I really have to look hard to find the newer stuff and then they overcharge(I paid roundabout $42 for "The Art of Dying")

WOW Zep!!! That sucks man.

After reading Zep's post I'll never complain about the over-priced mall record store again......... hahaha... who am I kidding... sure I will!!!!!

Pabla said:
Agreed, they should just give it up :erk: as they haven't been able to put out a decent record in yearssss, plus Don's vocals are faded :(

As to the death angel I cannot really comment on that as I have not heard it yet...interesting as it gets such mixed reviews.

Yep I think Dokken is pretty much toast :erk:

Glad you are posting here on Oldschool. I need a shot of adrenaline here. This is my "mainstay" at UM but I haven't been posting as much as usual here lately. Maybe we can start some off-topic stuff. Ha ha ha. I wore Stetson today ! What perfume are you wearing ? Ha ha ha (inside joke.)

Bryant

zeppelin said:
:kickass: - Finally, something we agree on :loco:

Thanks for your review Sixx. I also usually buy CD's without listening to it first, mainly because I'm the only metalhead around for miles and secondly, I live in the 3rd world where things happens very slowly. I really have to look hard to find the newer stuff and then they overcharge(I paid roundabout $42 for "The Art of Dying") I'm greatfull for threads like this, I know if you guys like certain stuff I'd probably would to, that at least makes it worth buying. Wyvern also mentioned sites at another thread where you can listen to some of the stuff, I'll check it out. I so wanted to buy the new WASP, but if you say it sucks more than their last one I'd rather not.
hahahha yes :D .... Sixx does Great Reviews I tend to base some of my buying on them myself .... I guess if I had the choice of Buying the New Wasp for the inflated $42 or getting something else I would get something else its not worth that much money hahahahaha

My favorites of 2004 so far are:

Motorhead-Inferno
Iced Earth-The Glorious Burden
Exodus-Tempo Of The Damned
IQ-Dark Matter

My least favorite album of 2004 is Annihilator-"All For You", my God!!! How far they've fallen since their awesome debut. This album made me sick to my stomach,I wanted to vomit.

JonnyD said:
hahahha yes :D .... Sixx does Great Reviews I tend to base some of my buying on them myself .... I guess if I had the choice of Buying the New Wasp for the inflated $42 or getting something else I would get something else its not worth that much money hahahahaha
You like my reviews, eh?!:p Don't base your purchases on me though. :tickled: Thanks for the compliment bro.:worship:
here's another...
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160318
SIXXSWINE-\m/

Bryant said:
Yep I think Dokken is pretty much toast :erk:

Glad you are posting here on Oldschool. I need a shot of adrenaline here. This is my "mainstay" at UM but I haven't been posting as much as usual here lately. Maybe we can start some off-topic stuff. Ha ha ha. I wore Stetson today ! What perfume are you wearing ? Ha ha ha (inside joke.)

Bryant

I like toast :loco: w/lots of butter! Well, there is a lot of older bands out there who have "exhausted" their talents and should just throw in their towel and make way for the new bands...and by this I mean no disrespect to any bands...it's just that I would like to remember them at "the top of their game" not "the decline and crash and burn" :erk: But then there are classic bands that can still put out a HELL of a record nowdays...Thank Eddie! :)

Oh, and I am wearing "Animal" :D

sixxswine said:
You like my reviews, eh?!:p Don't base your purchases on me though. :tickled: Thanks for the compliment bro.:worship:
here's another...
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160318
SIXXSWINE-\m/

Hahahaha Well even tho I read your Anthrax Review I still went out and bought it and Enjoyed it for what its worth .... But Your welcome I read that review and checked out the guys web site His Prank Phone calls are pretty funny :D

JonnyD said:
Hahahaha Well even tho I read your Anthrax Review I still went out and bought it and Enjoyed it for what its worth .... But Your welcome I read that review and checked out the guys web site His Prank Phone calls are pretty funny :D
When he was in HADES, there was riff that he wrote that sounded very close to Enter Sandman. I don't know what ever happened with this lawsuit that he was gonna filed against Tallica?! I guess he never sued them, otherwise, we would have all heard about it...
Dan's working for "Steppin' Out Magazine," which for those that follow the Stern Show, he features Chaunce on there from time to time, he works with Dan D,

sixxswine said:
When he was in HADES, there was riff that he wrote that sounded very close to Enter Sandman. I don't know what ever happened with this lawsuit that he was gonna filed against Tallica?! I guess he never sued them, otherwise, we would have all heard about it...
ahah yep, that riff stolen from "Rape of Persephone"...

I am sorry to announce that another "bottom of the barrel" is none other than the new DIO :erk: I got it 2 days ago and well....at best 2 good songs.

*******************WOE*******************************

Wow Dokken fans! Hehe. I haven't even bothered to hear anything from the new one, last one was poor. I actually liked Erase the Slate (at least about half of it) and I REALLY liked and was happy with Dysfunctional. Shadowlife, bleh. These new albums should just be called Don Dokken. I actually liked his first solo. But...no George..AND no Jeff?? Not Dokken!

So Furious George is a top 10 eh? How would you compar this album to his other solo or other material in general playing wise?

I need to check out the new Dream Evil. Someone told me it was Painkiller/Lost Horizon caliber.... if that's the case, this will DEFINITELY earn it's way into my fav albums cateory :) BUT, we'll see... those were bold descriptions :)

sixxswine said:
I should have known, Fang would come up with the answer for this!!!!
:worship: You, Rule Fang!:worship:
SIXXSWINE-\m/
ahah honestly I didn't realize before reading Lorenzo's words about "that rip off", since I don't think it is.
The 2 riffs are quite close but aren't exactly the same, this kind of similarity can be found anywhere.

Fangface said:
mmm I'd say it's more often in the Accept/Scorpions vein, with some hints of Manowar and Priest.
Hmmm, more like Obituary/King Crimson with a touch of Weird Al Yankovic :loco: :tickled:

Alright enough silliness for one weekend. :p

Dream Evil is classic metal oriented, not innovative, not astounding, but is well played and produced. The lyrics are intentionally cheesy or silly, but these guys decided to have a good time while playing. Is true that they are not as fresh as their debut in their approach, but they still deliver good material. I must remark the fact that they are working hard putting an album per year so far, while touring and attending some other bands business.
Like most music may be an acquired taste, even for a die hard metalhead. ;)