Boycott the Osbournes

And? Bruce Dickenson slammed Ozzy the whole tour. Was it a great thing for him to do? No. But did that disrupt Black Sabbath's set? Hardly. However, turning the PA off and getting your daughter to toss eggs at Iron Maiden disrupts their set and is a childish thing to do.

Overpriced show? lets put things in perspective here: $100 and you get to see over 20 bands.
No disrespect here but Prog is about the same price for half the bands as is most local shows. I remeber Rhapsody being $50 a ticket and they only had one or two opening bands.
Not everyone will be happy with the lineup but shows are costlly.

Peace out - no more 2cents. I'm done.
Wkd

In Flames, Soilwork, and Arch Enemy are mediocre to awful, the worst being N*Flaymes. Shadows Fall are metalcore, not to my liking. Ozzy is a vegetable. I would say Iron Maiden and Mastodon would be the two good bands on OzzFest this year, I don't really know Mastodon, just from what I know about them.

Yeah, but then again you're such a fanboy of prog, classical and jazz that I wouldn't expect you to paying attention to that many other styles of music like these bands... And that's from knowing what you listen to by what you tell me =P

Like you said, you have yourself an opinion... I just had to comment on it =D

Its all subjective...imo, there was only one band worth seeing - Iron Maiden. The point though, was that with that many bands, like them or not, it is going to cost to put on that kinda production.

Barking Pumpkin said:
In Flames, Soilwork, and Arch Enemy are mediocre to awful, the worst being N*Flaymes. Shadows Fall are metalcore, not to my liking. Ozzy is a vegetable. I would say Iron Maiden and Mastodon would be the two good bands on OzzFest this year, I don't really know Mastodon, just from what I know about them.

Dude get a grip.
In Flames isn't a bad band. Whether you like gothenburg or not they're pretty good at what they do.
Shadows Fall are Thrash, not ***core of any kind. I think they're the best new Thrash band going right now.

You do, as AngraRules suggested, seem to think that Progressive is the only metal genre worth listening to, and Power is tolerable.

I don't go to Ozzfests because slogging through 15 bad bands to listen to 5 decent ones isn't worth the time to me. Ozzy's hasn't released a decent album since Jake left, so he's no draw for me either.
But I won't boycott. If the lineup was worth going to see I'll go. If Ozzy releases something I like I'll buy it.
Iron Maiden and Bruce Dickinson are big boys, and they can fight their own battles.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I don't really know Mastodon, just from what I know about them.
there seems to be an inconsitency of validity here. you raise bands you haven't heard? what then can be said of your judgment of those you earlier dissed?

mtlheart said:
Dude get a grip.
In Flames isn't a bad band. Whether you like gothenburg or not they're pretty good at what they do.
Shadows Fall are Thrash, not ***core of any kind. I think they're the best new Thrash band going right now.

You do, as AngraRules suggested, seem to think that Progressive is the only metal genre worth listening to, and Power is tolerable.

Looks like we've reached a common agreement on something, eh? LOL :p

Silent Song said:
there seems to be an inconsitency of validity here. you raise bands you haven't heard? what then can be said of your judgment of those you earlier dissed?

*Sound effect* Oops...

mtlheart said:
Dude get a grip.

I don't go to Ozzfests because slogging through 15 bad bands to listen to 5 decent ones isn't worth the time to me. Ozzy's hasn't released a decent album since Jake left, so he's no draw for me either.
But I won't boycott. If the lineup was worth going to see I'll go. If Ozzy releases something I like I'll buy it.
Iron Maiden and Bruce Dickinson are big boys, and they can fight their own battles.

Shadows Fall is not thrash by any means, maybe you meant trash because that is what Metalcore is. In Flames is no longer melodic death metal, more like Nu Metal/Metalcore.