BREAKING NEWS: Rob Caggiano quits Anthrax

You gotta wonder what the conversation was like that led to all of them wearing the same shirt for a photo.
ANTHRAX.jpg

Don't think it's all that odd since they often wear the same shirts onstage. Though, those Judge Death shirts aren't the most flattering to see them all wearing at the same time. And it's a just plain fucking goofy picture :lol:

We can all theorise the reasons for Rob's departure but perhaps after 10 years he honestly felt the desire was no longer there.

It does happen - especially as you get older in life. I've left great jobs to move onto other less lucrative ones simply because I felt I had done all I had set out to achieve and felt the desire to pursue other avenues.

Aware of the history of this band (I've been a fan since the late 80s) and all the theatrics but perhaps just this time it could be genuine.

this.

Just when you thought it was safe....
Have to say it was unexpected I did like Rob though he did seem a bit aloof in the M&Gs late last year.
I do find it funny that everyone jumps on the consipracy theory wagon. Maybe his reasons were genuine? Why does it have to be Scotts fault?
I would like to see Dan back and judging by his re-tweets I think he does too
That said, if he does come back it is essential for the future of the band that this line up be the last. A temporary re-join only to get bored again would not be helpful.

The timing's a bit wierd to me, but it may actually be genuine for once. I actually see everyone's point though , the band has brought it on itself at times. I wish I were more than just a rythm player otherwise I'd like to think I could walk in there tomorrow and play. LOL. :kickass:

Why do so many people want Dan Spitz back?? Do these people realise he offers NOTHING except maybe some good leads on record?

I have the same question seeing as both Rob and Paul Crook are both better guitar players in my opinion. Thought it was only jaded people like Maidenfan that want Spitz back.

I think Spitz comes back. Makes more sense to me why they all of a sudden announce playing the whole ATL album on the Metal Alliance tour.
And if he does, I seriously doubt he will want to learn ANYTHING from the new album.

Plus there's one more thing:
At the Prague show, a guy I know said he'd talked to Joey Belladonna after the show and he'd told him they have a really BIG surprise for the 2013.
When I first heard it, I was like "yeah, this cover album, I already know".
But now when I think about it... the big surprise Joey was talking about could be the once again classic lineup reunion, more than the covers EP.

I think Spitz comes back. Makes more sense to me why they all of a sudden announce playing the whole ATL album on the Metal Alliance tour.

And if he does, I seriously doubt he will want to learn ANYTHING from the new album.

Plus there's one more thing:

At the Prague show, a guy I know said he'd talked to Joey Belladonna after the show and he'd told him they have a really BIG surprise for the 2013.

When I first heard it, I was like "yeah, this cover album, I already know".

But now when I think about it... the big surprise Joey was talking about could be the once again classic lineup reunion, more than the covers EP.

Should be a "Classic" alright. Everyone knows Scott can barely tolerate Joey....and we ALL know his feelings on Spitz. It is truly wondrous to see the magic of money heal all wounds!

If Dan comes back and refuses to learn any material he wasn't on, fuck him.

Alex Skolnick loves playing Testament material he wasn't on, and Skolnick shits all over Spitz skill-wise.

We can all theorise the reasons for Rob's departure but perhaps after 10 years he honestly felt the desire was no longer there.

It does happen - especially as you get older in life. I've left great jobs to move onto other less lucrative ones simply because I felt I had done all I had set out to achieve and felt the desire to pursue other avenues.

Aware of the history of this band (I've been a fan since the late 80s) and all the theatrics but perhaps just this time it could be genuine.

Maybe this does have less to do with Anthrax more with living a real life. Think about if you were in this band and you got to see everything that the other guys have gone through. As much as the rest of the world sees these guys as some sort of celebrities, the truth might be a little less than glamorous. They've been around for 30 years and have gone through some tough times and are just starting to do well again. Instead of wondering where things will head in the next five years, maybe Rob decided it was better to go out on top than to take a fall for being greedy. I tend to think that he was under contract for all of these years but if he was on the same level as Scott and Charlie then he's also responsible for any losses the band may incur. Sometimes you gotta get out while the gettin' is good.

I love how even Rob didn't acknowledge Dan, and he was the one who brought him in.

If Dan comes back and refuses to learn any material he wasn't on, fuck him.

Alex Skolnick loves playing Testament material he wasn't on, and Skolnick shits all over Spitz skill-wise.

Easy. Killer. He won't be coming back if he doesn't lean the new album material. The band should jump for joy if Spitz agreed to come back and again bail them out of a huge jam.

There is no other guitarist that can join this band besides Danny to keep their credibility and give them hype going into the next studio album