Brilliant and Accessible Bands That Should Be More Well Known

The only album i think PT ended up being full of themselves is with their new one The Incident. Yes it's an hour long concept album but tbh it bores me. The second half of the album with "Bonnie The Cat" "Flicker" "Black Dahlia" on the other hand are all amazing songs.

I felt the same way too for a while but then I realized it's their only album that you have to listen to from beginning to end, otherwise it isn't as satisfying of an experience.

That second disc is indeed amazing though. Some of the most original PT work I've heard in years.

New in the sense that before June, he hadnt posted in over a year?

Granted I never bothered to check his join date, he comes back to the forums and decides to make thread after unneeded thread.

That second disc is indeed amazing though. Some of the most original PT work I've heard in years.

I thoroughly agree with whatever you've said about PT so far. It's also true that they are getting insanely famous since the past two years or so.

I'd say that second disc is the best piece of music they've ever put out.

Green Carnation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS LAAAIF FLOOWS BY. AND I AM FEEEEELING LONELY, FAAADING SLOWLY.

Green Carnation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greencarnation.jpg

Swans, Joy Division and Cocteau Twins. None of them are horribly unknown, especially Joy Division, but all of them should have been amazingly popular.

I would not call those three groups accessible, really -- at least, not in the way that gives a band mainstream appeal. They're all pretty otherworldly in one way or another, and bands that make it big tend to have an 'everyman' aspect to them which the average person can relate to, so I don't see how any of those three could have become huge.

New in the sense that before June, he hadnt posted in over a year?

Granted I never bothered to check his join date, he comes back to the forums and decides to make thread after unneeded thread.

I didn't realize that anyone was annoyed, but I understand how it might get old. I didn't actually expect my thread count to be anything above the norm. In my own defense, I hadn't really had anyone to discuss metal with in a while and I had forgot about this forum, so I may have went a bit wild in a fit of excitement as a result of being in presence of people who actually have a legitimate metal literacy.

Not trying to be a tool, but I really am very happy to be here.