Bruce & Steve talk about the Maidens in this month's Metal Hammer!

From this month's Metal Hammer.

timsmhme1.jpg

:OMG:

That is awesome!!! A little sad about what Steve said regarding Alexander but what can you do eh?? Seems he'd rather play the same songs for 30 years than try something new. :Smug:

For Alexander, we had missing parts (keyboards) and backline problems at that show so I don't think we did too bad considering what we had to work with....but, yeah, I think it could have sounded a lot better than it did that night. I'm not sure it would have made me want to play it live either had I been the one listening in the audience so no big deal. We were just happy that the fans enjoyed it and we were absolutely thrilled that Steve and Bruce stuck around to hear us play. Steve even came backstage afterwards and said some nice things to us about our performance! :)

As for Maiden playing new stuff..well, to be fair, they did that on their AMOLAD tour..I think they're doing their same old stuff this time around because we fans want to hear it..seems like we never get tired of it. ;)

For Alexander, we had missing parts (keyboards) and backline problems at that show so I don't think we did too bad considering what we had to work with....but, yeah, I think it could have sounded a lot better than it did that night. I'm not sure it would have made me want to play it live either had I been the one listening in the audience so no big deal. We were just happy that the fans enjoyed it and we were absolutely thrilled that Steve and Bruce stuck around to hear us play. Steve even came backstage afterwards and said some nice things to us about our performance! :)

As for Maiden playing new stuff..well, to be fair, they did that on their AMOLAD tour..I think they're doing their same old stuff this time around because we fans want to hear it..seems like we never get tired of it. ;)

I remember you guys saying that you had alot of gear problems that night! Typical eh?? But still very cool of them to stay and to have it mentioned in one of the biggest metal magazines in the UK! :kickass:

I don't mean new stuff in that way, I mean amazing songs from their back catalogue that have never been played or seldom played like Alexander, Flash Of The Blade, Only The Good Die Young etc instead of playing The Trooper, Iron Maiden, Run To The Hills etc for the billionth time!! ;) I'm still grateful for them playing live but it must get boring for them playing the same songs over and over again!

I'd like to see them play something different myself, Charlotte The Harlot, Prodigal Son, Still Life etc.. A friend saw the Matter of life and death tour and said there were a lot of boo's because the show was mostly new stuff, he was reluctant to go with me to the show friday but he went and liked the set list.

Maybe this is why they're doing this tour? I do know Alexander was designed as a studio only song but I'm not sure why they won't do it live, Rime of the ancient mariner has more changes...