Brutal/Slam Death Metal

So... I have decided... that I cannot take deathcore breakdowns and dont enjoy them. The slower, booming slam breakdowns however... I love more and more.

Anyone want to rec some songs with really awesome breakdowns and/or some slam with more growled vox and less inhales? (if it exists)

Yeah, Katalepsy's album has some ridiculous fucking breakdowns. I also highly recommend Abominable Putridity and Infertile Surrogacy.

I've been thinking about going to the Chicago one. Suffocation is always good. Origin would be cool to see, and Decrepit Birth. Necrophagist are still enjoyable. Eh. Maybe.

So... I've decided my favorite brutal death metal album is Viral Load's Practitioners of Perversion. In the past week I've listened to it about ten times... Their vocalist's range is insane (from cookie monster to death growl to high pitched shriek all in the same song)... their slams are awesome. It's pretty much perfect, imo. I'm shitty at describing things... just listen for yourself. >_>

*shrugs*
it's just that album that's really good though... backwoods brutality seemed really stupid... and it turned into x nasty word done to x part of the body and was just dead and lifeless in comparison. Their first release isnt bad...

I'm sure I'll get alot of hate for this... but the new Waking the Cadaver track, Exterminate with Extreme Prejudice, kicked my fucking ass.

Their vocalist pulled his head out of his ass completely, most of the pig squeals are gone and he has a pretty good death growl ... the song is pretty catchy and has a good breakdown in it...

And... the lyrics... remember how fucking stupid they were before?

Here's this song's lyrics.

Disrespect, violation
This is why you require punishment
Failure to see authority
Now has brought you to your knees

Begging for forgiveness
Pleading for your life
Nothing will save you
It's time to put up a fight

Smashing you with vicious blows
When I stop - no-one knows
Seeing your blood splattered all over me
Embraces the truth that I am UNHOLY.

It was my pleasure
To rip you apart
Now that i taught you a lesson
You will never forget

I'll take down your friends
I'll take down your family
This is something I should have done from the start

Crushing blows right to your skull
When I stop nobody knows

Now compare that to this mess...

Countless nights getting twisted
extreme illicit substance inhalation.
Fuck...i'm crazing some penetration
because hoes, let me tell you,
i do it unprotected like its my occupation,
and gaurenteed
your pucking up your lips for a spraying.
fresh shave on my piece, babe i'm always ready,
but just cause we fucked a few time doesn't mean we're going steady.
i have too much much womanizing on my agenda,
i really respect a true anal freak,
to satisfy my needs,
when your around me you know its time to get on your knees.
i like it raw and dirty,
and when i see you acting flirty,
i know its time for you to hop on.
craving satisfaction of a different kind,
if you only knew the thoughts inside my mind.
my killer instinct awakes.
forceful anal intercourse,
rupturing the bowel,
ass to mouth,
your blood must taste so foul

If this is a sign of things to come, I'll be looking forward to their next full length.