Brutal/Slam Death Metal

This seems pretty interesting...

9vgux1.jpg

One man slam.

also... I've been playing the hell outta this lately:

jpg9he.jpg

Brutal Death Metal + fucking samurais. :kickass:

Kinda random, but there is word that Wormed are hard at work on another album. Slightly ambiguous info, considering they said that a while ago, but I guess one can still hope haha.

That's the problem, when good bands annouce they are making a new album it takes forever. But it's better then the alternative of them recording a pile of crap and selling it as quickly as possible before people realise how bad it is.

Also, thanks to whoever it was who mentioned Dripping before. If I ever actually find their albums for sale (and please link me if you know of a place) it's going on my shopping list. Even though I'll never get an oppertunity to actually play the album on my CD player, since everyone hates my taste in music, it's the princible of the matter - good albums are worth buying.

Fuck, I totally fell in love with The Extermination of Millions. I knew this album and all, but seriously, now I consider it the best brutal dm album for me, totally and overally.

The Japanese thing, I assume. I'm listening now and this honestly sounds pretty good. Heavy riffs, clean production, good vocals that aren't insanely (read: obnoxiously) gutteral, etc. The Japanese thing is gimmicky, obviously, but they have the music to back it. Of course, I'm only about 1 minute into one song. I'll edit this post if my opinion changes.

btw Steve Green and Jordan Varela are the best LOD members (Nick disagrees I think, but Varela is a great drummer; just sorta abnoxious). Steve is a kickass vocalist/guitarist who is also in Atrocious Abnormality and runs Comatose Music, one of the better bdm/slam mailorders. AA is pretty good, their debut was heavy and satisfying but definitely 3rd tier. Not bad at all though, just generic. But who cares really? The genre basically thrives on genericness a lot of the time. Varela is an awesome drummer who tends to be kind of obnoxious like I said but his work in Epic of Empyrea (Stargazer-esque tech/prog DM whose sole album is amazing) is totally fitting and awesome.

What's the best Lust of Decay album? Actually, whats some all around good brutal death? I'm new to genre and I'm looking for the best stuff to start off with.

Lemme rephrase: Varela is talented, but he is the exact opposite of Jon Engman (Brodequin/Foetopsy drummer); he WAAAAY overuses tom fills, whereas Engman does not even have toms in his drumset at all.

I dont get the SCE hate. They seem solid enough to me... Yea... I suppose they have a "gimmick" but really and... especially in brutal death metal which really lacks any originality lyrically and imagery wise it's completely unique. In fact... it's "gimmick" is almost no where to be found in metal whatsoever, tbh.

tl;dr version:
It's different and interesting.

Not really very musically interesting, and they seem a bit silly for me. I much prefer super grim/stupid gore to stuff that intentionally tries to be different but doesn't really tie the themes into the music (Wormed, for instance, perfectly do "different" slam in every way, everything fits perfectly).