Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Guys...there's a long silent interval - from 2'17 to 7'01 - in the track Assassins in Sandstorm from Soils of Fate, right? It's right after the screaming. The scream's so sickening and then I have to wait in silence for 4 mins and 44 secs before it goes on.

Here's what I've been finding is my favorite sound in death metal...slower or mid-paced brutal/ slam that is catchy and has no shortage of grooves. Any suggestions?

Interesting that the Slam-Minded blog has been discussing the japanese death metal scene. I have actually been getting into that more lately, and alot of it kind of has a sound like what I talked about. But, where is Infected Malignity?

Guys...there's a long silent interval - from 2'17 to 7'01 - in the track Assassins in Sandstorm from Soils of Fate, right? It's right after the screaming. The scream's so sickening and then I have to wait in silence for 4 mins and 44 secs before it goes on.

check the social thread, I just made fun of your favorite band.

Here's what I've been finding is my favorite sound in death metal...slower or mid-paced brutal/ slam that is catchy and has no shortage of grooves. Any suggestions?

Interesting that the Slam-Minded blog has been discussing the japanese death metal scene. I have actually been getting into that more lately, and alot of it kind of has a sound like what I talked about. But, where is Infected Malignity?

Welcome.

Infected Malignity aren't slam anymore, they did one album that was. Their new stuff is still good, though, and they rule live. Nick is a big fan of the debut, though, so I'm sure he just left them off cuz they're not really in the "scene" anymore to be fair.

Welcome.

Infected Malignity aren't slam anymore, they did one album that was. Their new stuff is still good, though, and they rule live. Nick is a big fan of the debut, though, so I'm sure he just left them off cuz they're not really in the "scene" anymore to be fair.

Thanks.

Their material on myspace is only from an album called Re:Bel or something like that, which definitely sounds different, so I guess I can see why they weren't included.

So, do you have any recommendations for the type of brutal/ slam I'm looking for (catchy and slow/ mid-paced)? Even though I am familiar with quite a few of the japanese bands, I would still consider myself a noob to this scene.

I think I have decided possibly my favorite type of metal is Augury/Gorod/Yattering etc type artists. Tech death, but also with splashes of other stuff in there.

I decided to leave them out of my post because they only had one album and aren't making new brutal material. I do however like both their brutal death and deathcore stuff.

As for slower stuff you might want to try Digested Flesh, Katalepsy, and Vulvectomy

I decided to leave them out of my post because they only had one album and aren't making new brutal material. I do however like both their brutal death and deathcore stuff.

As for slower stuff you might want to try Digested Flesh, Katalepsy, and Vulvectomy

Thanks dude, I'll check them out.

Where's a good place to start with this stuff? I already listen to Suffocation, Nile, and all that classic shit with brutal tendencies, but I don't have really anything often discussed in this thread? 5-10 essential albums would be a nice recommendation :)

Where's a good place to start with this stuff? I already listen to Suffocation, Nile, and all that classic shit with brutal tendencies, but I don't have really anything often discussed in this thread? 5-10 essential albums would be a nice recommendation :)
Since this question gets asked a lot I think I'm going to make some sort of easily linkable guide and/or video that describes some the essential brutal death albums. Until then check these out:

Vomit Remnants - Supreme Vehemence
Soils of Fate - Crime Syndicate
Abominable Putridity - In the End of Human Existence
Devourment - 1.3.8
Wormed - Planispherium
Goretrade - Ritual of Flesh
Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium

Since this question gets asked a lot I think I'm going to make some sort of easily linkable guide and/or video that describes some the essential brutal death albums. Until then check these out:

Vomit Remnants - Supreme Vehemence
Soils of Fate - Crime Syndicate
Abominable Putridity - In the End of Human Existence
Devourment - 1.3.8
Wormed - Planispherium
Goretrade - Ritual of Flesh
Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium

Defeated Sanity - Prelude to the Tragedy
Dripping - Disintegration Of Thought Patterns...
Kronos - Colossal Titan Strige (Not slam, but excellent brutal death metal)
Human Mincer - Degradation Paradox

And a bunch I'm sure I have forgotten.