Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Cool, the demo tracks were good. Kinda weird production but cool songs, and different from the stuff on Portraits.

Anyway, Barrett just signed a new band called EXTIRPATING THE INFECTED. Slam from Spain feat. members of Kevlar Skin (good deathgrind) and some other bands I've not heard of. Sounds pretty decent:

http://www.myspace.com/extirpatingtheinfected

New Amputated Genitals song! omgwtfbbq

Yeah anyway, it's really good, even with Myspace's quality rape coming into play. They further elaborated on the flashes of melody on Human Meat Gluttony and they can still slam with the best of them.

New Ingested and Putrefy are both floating around...

Putrefy is better than their last but still not great... Ingested seems pretty good.

Heavy and techy with obvious slam shoutouts, listen to the new song on Myspace. Seems like an improvement productionwise from their album too.

Basically that. They're techy, but they don't lose the heavy brutal element like god damn Abysmal Torment. I like some tech shit, but I also enjoy a good slam here and there. Flesh Consumed gives me both.

...I don't know about Blunt Force Trauma and Jenovavirus, but to me Vomit Remnants is the finest. I really like the combination of growling and screaming (that's why I like Dying Fetus, too). I wonder why they have only one full-length in more than 10 years. And yeah all the vocals are truly super brutal (Disconformity sure has damn bottom low growls >.<) and terribly heavy with insane drums (I like this part - quick and emphasized drums - like, in Unleash the Carnivore).

Slam death is a very simple genre which leads to a consistently high level of quality but also leads to a lack of variety, so a little weirdness is often welcome.

This. Most of the stuff that really sticks out is not really different, but rather a fresh take on the previous. Jenovavirus are...well, Japanese.

High quality generic slam is some of the best shit I could ever listen to, though. Something about the bludgeoning primitivity never gets old to me.