Brutal/Slam Death Metal

What would you all say the best brutal or slam death metal that has been released so far in 2009 is?

Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore

I finally registered just to say that...
And because I realized that Andy & Nick from Slam-Minded post here. :D

Love the blog guys. Keep up the good work! I agree with most the shit you say when It comes to slam/brutality.

Anyways, My name's Ryan. Nice to meet all you fucks

I've been into extreme metal for about 6 years, but only into slam for about 2.

My favorite bands are as follows, but I like a hell of a lot more:

Devourment, Digested Flesh, Degrade, Infernal Revulsion, Internal Torture, Cesspool Of Vermin, Cephalotripsy, Abominable Putridity, Awaiting The Autopsy, Gorevent & Down From The Wound

Here's a list of brutal/slam albums from 2009 thus far. It's not all of them, but it's the ones I liked personally. Check out the ones you don't have, especially if they are in bold ;)

Abysmal Torment - 2009 - Omnicide
Amputated Genitals - 2009 - Family Bloodbath
Asphyxiate - 2009 - Anatomy Of Perfect Bestiality
Awaiting The Autopsy - 2009 - Couldn't Tell The Bodies Apart
Bodysnatch - 2009 - Universe Of Gory Tales EP
Cerebral Incubation - 2009 - Asphyxiating On Excrement
Despondency - 2009 - Revelation IV (Rise Of The Nemesis)
Devourment - 2009 - Unleash The Carnivore
Flesh Consumed - 2009 - New Order Of Intelligence EP
Gore Sanctum - 2009 - Flesh And Organ Consumption
Gorevent & Embryonic Depravity - 2009 - Malignant Opus Of Inherited Depravities (Split)
Human Rejection - 2009 - Decrepit To Insanity
Infernal Revulsion - 2009 - Dead But Breathing
Ingested - 2009 - Surpassing The Boundaries Of Human Suffering
Insidious Decrepancy - 2009 - Extirpating Omniscient Certitude
Pathology - 2009 - Age Of Onset
Pus Vomit - 2009 - Degrade The Worthless
Putrefy - 2009 - One Nation Under Gore
Putrid Pile - 2009 - House Of Dementia
Vomit The Soul - 2009 - Apostles Of Inexpression

Here are some releases to look forward to:

Kraanium - The Art Of Female Sodomy mCD (August 2009)
Septycal Gorge - Erase The Insignificant (September 2009)
Embryonic Depravity - Constrained By The Miscarriage Of Conquest (September)
Gorevent - T.B.A. (Mid 2009)
Vomitous - Surgical Abominations Of Disfigurment mCD (2009)
Vulvectomy (Late 2009)
Condemned - Realms Of The Ungodly (Writing/Recording)
Abominable Putridity (Writing)
Guttural Secrete (Writing)
Malodorous (Writing)

Personally I have high expectations for the Vomitous MCD & Vulvectomy's 2nd full-length.

10a2d9d40.jpg

l_bfc8ad59e54c43a0bc1fdf36cd3a721b.jpg

Yeah the new Vulvectomy was mentioned a while back, but I didn't see the art yet...not as cool as the debut but good anyway...I bet the album will kick major ass. And welcome to the board man!

l_e1f03355fbeb4f01ad900fa584ae6415.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/meshiha

MESHIHA is a new project from Devourment (Molesting The Decapitated) founding members Brian Wynn (Guitar) and Brad Fincher (Drums). From Brian's page: We are very excited to both be able to rejoin forces once again! This site will be used to keep you informed on our future project in the works! We will keep you updated on our status as our creation moves forward! We are looking forward to releasing a follow up to our music we wrote with Devourment on "Molesting the Decapitated" in 1999 and the "138" release! The music and sound of the new project is going to be similar to "Molesting the Decapitated" and "138" but much darker, fuller and crushing than our past project. Please help us spread the word! Thanks again for your support!

Do you think they'll be able to create something as good as the classic MTD a decade later?

There's no audio samples yet, just a lot of hype over at the Devourment board. This thread has 2 of the members answering questions in it.

http://devourment.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=138&action=display&thread=14007

The only down side is that they are a Christin band.. hopefully that doesn't show too much in their music.

Here are some releases to look forward to:

Kraanium - The Art Of Female Sodomy mCD (August 2009)
Septycal Gorge - Erase The Insignificant (September 2009)
Embryonic Depravity - Constrained By The Miscarriage Of Conquest (September)
Gorevent - T.B.A. (Mid 2009)
Vomitous - Surgical Abominations Of Disfigurment mCD (2009)
Vulvectomy (Late 2009)
Condemned - Realms Of The Ungodly (Writing/Recording)
Abominable Putridity (Writing)
Guttural Secrete (Writing)
Malodorous (Writing)

Post here more. :)

Really looking forward to Septycal Gorge...Gorevent... Abominable Putridity... and most of all MALODOROUS.

Their first full length is one of my personal favorites.

The only down side is that they are a Christin band.. hopefully that doesn't show too much in their music.

At first... this sounded awesome, until I read this. Christian lyrics kill so much music for me. :(
Also... how the FUCK are the guys who created Molesting the Decapitated in a Christian band now?

They're born again Christians...I remember that. I think it was part of the reason they left the band.

Malodorous is really overrated, but not bad I guess.

"I was a Christian when I wrote the music for "MTD" you can look at my thanks on the original cover info. I was a sorry Christian and in many ways not concerning Devo' a horrible person but all the same I tried the best I knew how at the time. Yes..... we are all born-again Christians and MESHIHA will most definatley be a Christian Death-Metal band! We feel its best to stay true to who you are no matter what the rest of the world thinks!"

Brian Wynn (Guitar)

They're born again Christians...I remember that. I think it was part of the reason they left the band.

Malodorous is really overrated, but not bad I guess.

Maybe to you.. but I love them, personally.

Also I'm pretty sure my interest bubble for that band has completely deflated at this point.

Internal Torture - Butchered Feastings Of Morbid Intentions (2008)
Brutal Death Metal (Phi) [Split album w/ Incarcerate]

Label: Reverb Productions
INFO: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540269378
Page: http://www.myspace.com/internaltorture69

220007_220008.jpg

Tracklist:
Incarcerate
1. Vaginal Waste
2. Disembanned by a Guillotine
3. Depostate
4. Butcher the Rest
5. Born Displaguement

Internal Torture
6. Whore Killing
7. Traumatized by the Mutanting Vagina
8. Lacrimation of Bloodworms
9. Incinerating Plague

The Incarcerate half isn't bad, but definitely check out tracks 6-9 by Internal Torture. Really fuckin' good slams here. :Smokin:

Dudes should check out DISASTROUS, Filipino slamming brutality coming out with a new album soon...coverage in S-M should be around fairly shortly! I love the fucking Philippines!

http://www.myspace.com/disastrous69

btw I think the best thing about Malodorous is that they sound like a goregrind band writing slam and don't do too bad a job.

I have never been a big Inherit Disease fan...their first album had really bad, shoddy production with unfocused musicianship and loud/unfitting vocals. This new stuff still sounds kind of lame. I dunno, it's definitely too Californian for me. Nothing I can really latch on to here.