Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Haha thanks, its also good to know there are other extreme metalheads like me :rofl:, most people I know dont even listen to non-commercialized/raress death metal bands nor d/l music from like blogspots... its so full of them :eek:

will keep updating u guys with some brutal shit!

I want this....

unleashmaggothoodie.gif

I thought about buying a Devourment hoodie when those were preorderable....

I stuck with my zip up "A Beast Like None Before" hoodie instead, though.

Another Italian band. Wow, Italy fucking rules. It's the number one scene tbh.

- Septycal Gorge - so awesome, great, entertaining riffs and a new cd coming out
- Putridity
- Clitoridus Invaginatus - my personal favourite and their cd kicks my ass last few days again
- Vulvectomy - slammy slamming slam
- Edenbeast
- Vomit the soul

just awesome, and what have I forgot?

After reading this post, I realized I hadnt checked out Septycal Gorge, Putridity, or Clitoridus Invaginatus.

SG and CI have been really awesome... havent got to Putridity yet.

Also, Egemony, Hour of Penance, and Tools of Torture are all from Italy.

YES, Tools of Torture fucking rules. Putridity is great, Krow, they're totally retarded sounding blast-slam like a heavier and less catchy Vulvectomy (and their biggest influence is probably US BDM band Enmity). Also, don't forget Blasphemer...cool ITDM band on Comatose.

Blasphemer's cover also done by Marco Hasmann, my new idol, though this one is a little bit less significant.

EDIT: Also, I have to fucking check out Tools of Torture!

wow, katierose has posted a couple of times and hasnt been hit on yet. this must be remedied immediately.

so katierose i herd u liek slam.. well id like to slam into you

seewutididthar

Most of the guys that post here arent overly douchebaggy.

Aug really doesnt count because he apparently just posted here to make that lame ass joke.

Been listening to a lot of Cumbeast lately.

Raping Santa makes me smile every time.

So, question from an outsider here, are gore/rape lyrics essentially a requirement for belonging to the slam death genre? Reading posts it would seem it's purely based on songwriting style, yet none of the bands mentioned here ever seem to favor the more dark/evil brand of death metal.

Not really a requirement...

Wormed, Dripping, and Human Mincer are among some of the best slam bands and they dont really use gore.

Some bands have even toned down the violence in recent releases. Even Devourment, check out the lyrics from Molesting the Decapitated to Unleash the Carnivore. Still violent, but less... uhhmmm visceral?

Then again alot of "dumb slam" is overly violent and nasty in lyrical content...

95% violent lyrics
50% of that is overly violent lyrics
5% Bizarre/Cryptic lyrics

I'd say.

It almost always comes with the territory, but yeah check out Wormed and Human Mincer (same vocalist/lyricist for both)...the former has lyrics about a space/alternate dimension whatever concept and the latter's newest album is about some dude who becomes a big...fish...thing...and goes on a crazy super rampage? or something.

also, new review up on S-M...Asphyxiate's new album. Quick and dirty review, but it gets the job done.