Brutal/Slam Death Metal

That's Blasphemer from Italy? Guys even reviewed their cd when it came out iirc, last year. Oh and Andy, I could have guessed that you'll put Devourment above everything else again.

Did you read my review of UtC Ondra? Devourment are still kings of what they do. HOWEVER, had they released BTW again (or basically the same album as that), I wouldn't hesitate to put half my list over it. UtC is a huge improvement and step in the right direction for them.

Did you read my review of UtC Ondra? Devourment are still kings of what they do. HOWEVER, had they released BTW again (or basically the same album as that), I wouldn't hesitate to put half my list over it. UtC is a huge improvement and step in the right direction for them.

I've never cared much about what they do yet I've always respected them as some kinda purveyors of the genre. I have to relisten to UTC sometime, I've heard it like twice or something.

My top 10 of 09

1. Devourment - Unleash the Carnivore
2. Pathology - Age of Onset
3. Gorepoflesh - Gore Fucking Corpses
4. Awaiting the Autopsy - Couldn't Tell the Bodies Apart
5. Human Rejection - Decrepit to Insanity
6. Septycal Gorge - Erase the Insignificant
7. Amputated Gentials - Family Bloodbath
8. Vomit the Soul - Apostles of Inexpression
9. Decrepidemic - The Void of Un-Existence
10. Pus Vomit - Degrade the Worthless

My top 10 slam albums for 2009

1. gorepoflesh - gore fucking corpses
2. Awaiting the Autopsy - couldnt tell the bodies apart
3. embryonic depravity - Constrained By The Miscarriage Of Conquest
4. vomit the soul - Apostles of Inexpression
5. Devourment - Unleash the Carnivore
6. Kraanium - the art of female sodomy
7. infernal revulsion - dead but breathing
8. human rejection - Decrepit To Insanity
9. pus vomit - degrade the worthless
10. putrid pile - house of dementia

Unleash the Carnivore is great, but Butcher the Weak is what got me into the genre in the first place. I liked the gutturals, which mixed well with the angry grunts, and personally, I always liked the remake of Babykiller opposed to Wayne Knupp's original.

So after looking around on the devourment boards... I've decided that slam fans waste a hell of a lot money on stupid shit.

Regularly selling and buying "rare" shirts for $60 and way up from there... do these guys not realize these shirts have no long term value? Honestly, how the hell long is a guttural secrete shirt with a picture of a girl sucking a dick gonna retain it's value? In ten years how many people are seriously gonna remember GS? Then, congrats, you paid 4x what the shirt originally cost and you probably never even wore it.

x5rqcj.jpg

My List. :p

1. Devourment - Unleash the Carnivore
2. Gorepoflesh - Gore Fucking Corpses
3. Embryonic Depravity - Constrained by the Miscarriage of Conquest
4. Pus Vomit - Degrade the Worthless
5. Amputated Genitals - Family Bloodbath
6. Awaiting the Autopsy - Couldn't Tell the Bodies Apart
7. Pathology - Age Of Onset
8. Suppuration - A River of Corpses
9. Septycal Gorge - Erase the Insignificant
10. Perverse Dependence - Gruesome Forms Of Distorted Libido

This is just a list of albums ranked by my personal enjoyment. I doubt many of you will agree. :p

(Edit) Gave Septycal Gorge a real listen, the tremelo riffs turned me off last time, but are better this time around. Infernal Revulsion stays on just because I enjoyed it, even if it was somewhat of a disappontment.

EDIT AGAIN. Gave Pathology Age Of Onset a THOROUGH listen. Disgorge + Melodic Segments = creamed myself.

I like your list but fuck the new Infernal Revulsion and Vomit the Soul's too sterile (talented, I'll give 'em that) and approaching "just death metal" a lot of the time.