Brutal/Slam Death Metal

The only Aborted album I havent heard is the Purity of Perversion. I liked all of them, Goremaggedon and Strychnine.213 (yes the deathcorey album) the best. Coronary Reconstruction seems pretty good. I need to listen to it again.

They are a very strange band. Not that I don't like them. Goremageddon sounds like something I could grow on so I might give it more chances in the future. Though I'm not entirely sure.

And since Suffocation was brought up in a request thread, I would figure, why the hell shouldn't I bring it up here? Though personally Suffocation isn't a band I find myself going back to very much at all. And their last three albums if I remember correctly, seem a bit weak in retrospect to what they previously released.

Effigy of the Forgotten and Pierced From Within are some of my favorite albums of all time. The other Suffocation albums are also high quality although not as consistently awesome. I haven't gotten around to listening to either Suffocation's or Dying Fetus' new albums. I keep thinking that since they are popular I can actually go to a record store and buy them in person, but then I never do. I guess I'll get around to it eventually. They are probably the best "popular" brutal death metal bands.