Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I'm not a troll, just looking a larger community to talk about heavy death metal, instead of Dimmu Borgir and Children of Bodom.

I'm not a troll, just looking a larger community to talk about heavy death metal, instead of Dimmu Borgir and Children of Bodom.

Okay sorry, but you see, that's why there are different threads here. One for COB bullshit that we both hate and then this thread where you don't see any of it. I doubt that you could find any better place to discuss brutal/slam and shit. Read it over and see for yourself, it's full of good recommendations.

Okay sorry, but you see, that's why there are different threads here. One for COB bullshit that we both hate and then this thread where you don't see any of it. I doubt that you could find any better place to discuss brutal/slam and shit. Read it over and see for yourself, it's full of good recommendations.
This thread is great and I've read many pages of it, I was just curious if there was a more active and specialized website to browse through, besides reading conversations from the same handful of people that post here, other people might have different tastes or whatever. There's not too much else on this message board I feel like reading or talking about.

What do you all think of Prophecy? I've heard some of their tracks and liked them, but haven't really heard enough of their material to have a strong opinion.

For those of you who appreciate old school brutality, here's another dose of recommendations:

Burial - 2000 - Enlightened With Pain
Butcher Shoppe - 1999 - Meat
Compost Pile - 1998 - Guts EP
Excruciating Pain - 1992 - Thou Shall Choose
Gorelust - 1995 - Reign Of Lunacy
Iniquity - 1996 - Serenadium
Lucifixion - 1996 - Indulge In The Macabre
Necrotic Mutation - 1995 - The Realm Of Human Illusion
Reincarnation - 1997 - Void
Sickening Gore - 1994 - Destructive Reality
Ungodly - 1996 - Defiled Dismembered Desecrated
Wombbath - 1993 - Internal Caustic Torments
Yattering - 1998 - Human's Pain

Surprised at how many of those bands I didn't recognize. Wombbath is probably the best that I heard of those, though they weren't the most brutal. Excruciating Pain seems pretty good and I will have to listen to more of them. I had trouble finding anything on Butcher Shoppe and Compost Pile though.

Butcher Shoppe - 1999 - Meat
Ungodly - 1996 - Defiled Dismembered Desecrated
Malice do you have these to share?

the drummer in my band is also in a slam death metal band, i was wondering if you guys had heard of them? the scene seems so connected that even though they're just a small bay area band it could be possible that someone here maybe has heard of them somehow; either way it'd be cool to know what you guys think (since you're so into slam and the band is too, i'm just kinda an outsider since i know our drummer but haven't really listened to them much or seen them live)
http://www.myspace.com/repulsiveinfestation

My bad on some of those not being brutal.. I went threw my ipod drunk and made a list of all the releases I needed to check again and posted it before I realized they weren't all BDM. They are all good releases tho :)

My bad on some of those not being brutal.. I went threw my ipod drunk and made a list of all the releases I needed to check again and posted it before I realized they weren't all BDM. They are all good releases tho :)

I'm all for hearing death metal from the 90s, especially stuff I havent heard of so we're good. :kickass: