Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I would venture to say many of the songs on the newest Dying Fetus album are about as technical if not more so then anything those two bands have released. O_O. I don't even really enjoy Dying Fetus, but they are quite technical.

Everyone who was talking about Beheading The Dead by Extirpating The Infected kicking ass wasn't kidding. Really enjoying this at the moment.

What are your guitar pickups, amp and cab ? Also what is your tuning ?

For Slam any generic seven string with decent pickups tuned in B or A can do the trick. For the amp a 5150, Engl Powerball and others, Mesa Recto. As fot the cab a V30 Cab or a Vader with eminence would be cool.

I use a Engl fireball 60 amplifier with the Engl xxl 4x12 v30 cabinet and my guitar is a shitty ibanez rg7321 with an X2N dimarzio on bridge. My guitar is tuned like that ADGCFAD (standard A) and I get a absolutely punishing tone out of this.

Thanks man! I will buy that equipment. Right now, all I can play is Necrophagist and Dying Fetus (those are the only death metal bands that sound similar to my playing).

And I was just giving you some advise not telling you that this is the only way to achieve a Brutal Death Slam sound.
Basically any tuned down guitar with high level passive or active pickups + any high gain amp + any V30/Eminence cab allows you to play some brutal shit.

So no more free shipping to the US from Sevared?

I had to pick up a copy of Vital Remains - Dawn of Apocalypse when I saw it... but I noticed there was no free shipping option, I had to pay a couple bucks.

I can understand, he's been stocking tons of non-brutal death metal stuff, he's branching out and growing and costs are probably going up.

Just thought I'd let everyone know or see if anyone else heard anything about it... I imagine I'm not the only one that grabs single cds from him when I see one I want.

And maybe my jewel case wont have all the teeth broken out of it when I buy from him now. (probably not :lol: )

Ah, I didn't even know the states had the luxury. I don't buy new releases when they come out just for the reason of S/H. I usually have to wait for atleast 4-5 cds before I'm interested, and yes, Usually when I get my order from severed it's either in pieces or broken. Also annoying that I have to order the jewel cases seperately.

putridity2011degenerati.jpg

You guys should be listening to this!! Best BDM album so far this year IMO :D

PS: This is nice as well
Extirpated - 2011 - Decompositions & Decay

Abominable Putridity - 2011 - The Anomalies Of Artificial Origin

The new album is done being mixed and mastered. Here's 2 songs from it.

Cover Art by Par Olofsson

Last edited by a moderator:
np: abominable putridity - remnants of the tortured

...lol. i can't stand a good majority of this, it is pretty much Pathology with dumb weedly weedly shit, unique leader songwriting that eschews groove and brutality for useless technical excursions, the drums are horrible and the slams seem randomly inserted instead of fluid and massive like ITEOHE. i am disappoint, but i can't say that this is very surprising. plus matti way has gone from being an interesting, cool and unique vocalist to being in every project ever and inundating slam with his voice so i no longer find it to be that good.

:( :(

You guys are nuts, those two Abominable Putridity songs sound fucking incredible. The only thing I can find credible is Matti Way's vocals being over-used, but even in these songs it sounds nothing like his performance in disgorge or pathology. ITEOHE imo, the instrumentals are just as produced as the ones I'm hearing now (atleast as far as the guitar). Definitely a buy.

Agreed. Hate the album cover (too slick, reminds me of Brain Drill's "Quantum Catastrophe"), but the songs are killer.