Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Yes I can't wait to hear that album!!

Also to V5, decent production doesn't cost very much at all, some guys I know from school recorded a few songs from the new Black metal band they started. They recorded it in their basement and everything sounds clear, I can make out all the instruments very well. Sure it's still pretty bad but at least I can enjoy the music, with those shitty bands posted before......there just doesn't seem to be any excuse for having such garbage production even if your on a limited budget.

Then it was probably on purpose. Also, that's America (assuming you live in the US, or even Canada)...in the Philippines such technology may not be as readily available.

Human Excoriation - Virulent Infestation is a pretty cool new slam/death album. They even cover Pyaemia's smash hit "Sugar Spiced Anus". A bit sloppy, but still pretty good. Their own songs sound much better and tighter, though.

Yeah, Pyaemia is great. Also Leukorrhea. Anyway, what do you guys think about Infected Malignity or Anal Nosorog? And Emeth? Is it even brutal/slam-death?

Infected Malignity are currently not brutal death, they're melo-deathcore, and they're fucking awesome at it (better than most lame American bands doing it!)...they sound like a combination between Despised Icon and Darkest Hour for now...good shit, but I know plenty of people disapprove, including CC/Nick. However, judgment day (Maryland Deathfest '08) will come, and we will make our final decisions as to how good they currently are then. :p

I know nothing about Anal Nosorog other than that they're like Slavic and more goregrind-based than slam/brutal death metal. Emeth's first album is SUPER boring technical brutal death, their album from last year is more interesting, with a weird vocal style (hardcore yells with some gutturals = awkward in the context of the fucked up music).

I thought Emeth's first had some good songs on it :mad:, I haven't heard the second unfortunately.

Anal Nosorog are alright, decent production and they know their instruments; still though, Condom of Hate is has a lot of boring parts, and quite a bit of repetition. The vocalist does use a decent range of vocal styles ala Ahumado Granujo, but no where near the level of their vocalist.

The great thing about that album though is that songs get better as you go further into the disk (track 17>track10>track4,etc.), and the groove is well...damned groovy :cool:
(Best song off this album ever is Vegetable Massacre :lol: - find it and listen as soon as you can)

Heh, I kinda dig Ahumado Granujo. Fucked up shit. And Emeth does have a few good songs on the first album, including "Manifestation." But seriously...every song sounds like the same thing for the most part. And the snare sound is horrible...

I see, I have the 2006 cd, and I found it weird but very good. And I gotta listen to that condom of hate, I know it's their latest of whatever, I just have "You are a fat putridity" so far.. They got some weird sense of humour, but technically they're good.

BTW, now I'm gonna listen to MP5K, as you recommend it on Slam Minded. That Stockholm whatever.

Great, MP5K are awesome...TOTAL Soils Of Fate worship. But they take it to another level by being "endorsed" by SOF's vocalist and having their drummer in the band! I just think that's fucking awesome...heh.

Woot, MP5K are one of my favorite recent finds.

I haven't heard Emeth or Anal whatever, but I have heard Infected Malignity. Their first album is really good slam that has some cool melodies and other things here and there. Then they changed completely into a weak deathcore band. I feel betrayed. I hope they play some old material at MDF.

Yeah, I'm assuming the circumstances surround getting more money for playing that style, but they're good at it anyway.

MP5K is amazing, musically good and ideas and everything.

Ermm.. Despondency?

I am listening to Supreme Misanthropic Brutality right now and it appears like some good listening to me, there's nothing new what I haven't heard from other bands I've checked out though. Average or slightly better than average. Oki.

I will make some sort of list what bands I do like next week or something. So far my favourites are

Orchidectomy
Defeated Sanity
Cenotaph
Putridity
Pyaemia
Devourment
Abysmal Torment
Beheaded

These bands are really something.

All of those bands definitely fucking kickass in one respect or another (or a whole fuckload!), so you're on the right path...