Brutal/Slam Death Metal

369044.jpg

Get on this by the way, good, kinda techy but not wanky BDM.

We are getting so flush with quality brutal death metal releases this year it's really amazing.

The production on Defeated Sanity's album really does it for me and their many winding songs are so complex and often unorthodox it keeps me completely interested and I've played it a bunch of times already. Their best album and part of that is the production and overall guitar tone. The bass is clearly a huge part of what they do. It's a massive machine of excellent musicians that do it as well or better than anybody else.

Though I do like Katalepsy's Autopsychosis a bit better. That's in part due to the many devastating slams and overall most-powerful sound.

Guttural Secrete's album is really, really good, too. The complexity and cohesion are great. The only gripe is have is the guitar tone. The overall songwriting and musicianship is excellent. Huge win here.

Suffocation's new one is top notch, too. Another masterful production job and incredible work. I find myself going back to it often. Really like almost everything about it. The vocals are excellent. It has everything, really. Strange that it sounds a slight bit commercial compared to the others, but I think that's only because the band is just so good at what they do. They didn't change to please. They just keep getting better and that's tough to do when you're already a major player in the genre.

After those four it gets a bit tougher. The rest of the albums so far have bigger holes in their game. Devourment's is good but just not interesting or nasty enough. I like it plenty well, but it still falls short for me.

I'm still sorting out a handful of other bands which put out albums I like on the first couple plays, but I've yet to recognize which of them are standouts. More listens required. Euphoric Defilement, Blunt Force Trauma, Scatorgy, Goemagot, Laceration, and many more new ones - and all this from 2013 already!

Great bands mentioned with new albums out misfit. I would also mention the new albums by Craniotomy, Scordatura and Sick.

Also, that Guttural Slug is some seriously gnarly knuckle-dragging shit. I mean it's about as dumb as it gets, but catchy. I'm down.

Craniotomy sounded pretty good last i checked... didnt seem purchase worthy though. In the world of non slam brutal death metal, Psycroptic - The Isle of Disenchantment saw reissue recently with new album art
psychropticp1869538848.jpg

A lot of decent sounding stuff here. Thanks to everyone who posted!

Scalpel--- sounds good. A bit of a Hate Eternal thing happening in spots and some interesting overdubs in the sound stage--pretty rich layering. I went to bigcartel to buy, but there was no listing there (despite the link).

I'll check out more Scatorgy. I like the sound, but am not that into the song---it's decent but not that memorable. I will check out more later and hope for better.

How is that Laceration album? This cut is decent-- almost Enmity-level churning chaos at the beginning before it gets groovier.

Craniotomy. A lot of what I like about Pathology is happening here. Killer snare sound and nice ride accents and lots of grabbing & active hooks. Will purchase!

Well it looks like effigy got banned and we lost a slammer. He wasn't my favorite poster. But I suppose let it be a lesson to new people here. If you disagree with the regular dickheads here, its grounds for being banned.

Well it looks like effigy got banned and we lost a slammer. He wasn't my favorite poster. But I suppose let it be a lesson to new people here. If you disagree with the regular dickheads here, its grounds for being banned.

I never had in issue with him, but I know some people did... What broke the camels back?

I'm relatively new to this site--- how does somebody get banned? It seems like recommendation and discussions will naturally lead to some arguments/disagreements.

I don't know what happened, but he frequented the Sneap forum, and sometimes he acted like a real dick to the point where everyone just told him to shut up, apparently young and gets anxious without weed was his defense. I never saw any behavior that really merited banning though, but I'm sure there's a reason