Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I keep saying it, that new Suffocation album is so meh. Blood Oath pt2. Slightly more memorable but still sub-par.

As for Defeated Sanity, my favorite track has to be Martyrium.

I hate to say this... and I'm definitely going to give it more chances... but first impression of Conceived in Sewage is that it's flat. It's still not bad by any stretch of the imagination but I'm a little bored and I have to think this is Devourment's worst album. It really sounds like any brutal death metal band could have recorded this.

Defeated Sanity and Pathology are putting out shit so much better than this...

I think I'll go preorder the new Wormed now.

Nothing will ever beat Molesting the Decapitated....The new Devourment has some good songs on it. It's decent, but I don't know...Whenever I think of Devourment, I think about MTD and that's the shit that I love from them and want to hear more of. But it's just not going to happen nowadays.

If you want MTD, go listen to Meshisha or Sick. :p.

The new Devourment is definitely decent. I just feel like it could've used a bit more variation.

If you want MTD, go listen to Meshisha or Sick. :p.

The new Devourment is definitely decent. I just feel like it could've used a bit more variation.

I've heard a little bit of Sick and have been wanting to get what ever they have released. I can definitely hear MTD sounding shit in there.

I prefer Ruben on the guitar :)

I don't get all the hate for their new album, I admit their other album are heavier but it has it own feel compared to them all, it doesn't make sense to compare it to MTD.

I do indeed like their newest album. I'm not comparing it to MTD, just kind of saying I still like MTD better, in my own opinion.

Seriously if CiS was released by any other slam band no one would even give a shit. I've listened to it four times now and the true disappointment has set in. If it weren't for Heaving Acid the album would be even worse.

It's just so monotonous it doesn't even make good background noise.

I'm like the only dipshit on the planet who thinks Unleash is Devourment's best.

Really the problem with this (and Unleash to a lesser extent) I think is production. It's waaaaaayyyy too compressed and quantized. As much as I bitch about the sound of MTD or 138, it sounded like a band playing in a room. Sonically it's hard to differentiate CiS from anyone else.

That said, the songwriting is faaaaaaar from bad. It's frenetic, the drums aren't overdone (AHEM, PUTRIDITY), and the slams are good. It's just a case where if someone more capable had been on the knobs it'd have been way better. I mean the first damn track is everything awesome about Devourment. I'll be spinning this a lot, I think.

Here's my prediction: when they play this shit live, the CiS tracks will destroy just as hard if not more so than the classics. Some of them on here are pretty sick.

So is Goemagot good? Im not gonna lie, I blindly bought their new full length from sevared because the album art was cool and the description sounded good. Oh, along with the new Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement.

I'm like the only dipshit on the planet who thinks Unleash is Devourment's best.

Really the problem with this (and Unleash to a lesser extent) I think is production. It's waaaaaayyyy too compressed and quantized. As much as I bitch about the sound of MTD or 138, it sounded like a band playing in a room. Sonically it's hard to differentiate CiS from anyone else.

That said, the songwriting is faaaaaaar from bad. It's frenetic, the drums aren't overdone (AHEM, PUTRIDITY), and the slams are good. It's just a case where if someone more capable had been on the knobs it'd have been way better. I mean the first damn track is everything awesome about Devourment. I'll be spinning this a lot, I think.

Here's my prediction: when they play this shit live, the CiS tracks will destroy just as hard if not more so than the classics. Some of them on here are pretty sick.
Produced by Erik Rutan :)

The Defeated Sanity sounds 500x more compressed TBH.

Erik Rutan is so damn hit and miss with production, IMO. He did Nile's latest and it sounds like a pile of ass.

You're right about Defeated Sanity I'm sure, but it works for them. It just feels kinda flat with Devourment. I think it's a great album overall, just would have been better served with a little less Pro Tools.

002-1_zps3d5f8e1c.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So of course my instant reaction is to try the Suffocation first, Ill share my thoughts more later.

Nice haul. And them aren't Hobbit feet... :D

I heard the new Suffocation album on Spotify (I always check new music on spotify, nowadays I only buy if I like it so much I'm actually listening to it a lot) and I think it's pretty damn killer, but it's the first Suffo album I've ever heard so what do I know.

The new Devourment, heard it once, have to give it a second listen, but I do think the songs are a bit too bland, nothing special or memorable in my first listen, unlike my first listen to Unleash, that album was brilliant. I also love their older ones of course, but to me the production on Unleash is killer and really helps, on this one, it's not bad at all (Seriously, if Rutan makes a bad sounding record it's because he WANTS to), but I'm not feeling the album. What's up with the super intelligible vocals throughout most of the album?? They really suck IMO.

I have the new guttural secrete on my phone ready to blast, but I haven't cause I've got some guests in my house who would throw up if I put it in the car, but I'll have a listen Monday on my way to work, high hopes for this one cause the first was awesome.

On another note, I just found out Wormed are coming to my town next month, along with the Portuguese Holocausto Canibal. It's been a long time since I've been to a good brutal death/slamming show, I'm gonna slam like hell!

Last edited by a moderator: