Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Sounds pretty fucking awesome. Really starts to take off around the 2 minute mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
8e81ae8b.jpeg

this album any good? Recommended from a friend on last.fm.

Just ordered both Guttural Secrete albums direct from the band. They really need to sign with Sevared/Comatose/Willowtip/Unique Leader and get away from brutal buttsecks. I know all those labels would welcome them with open arms, and let's face it, they are the top four brutal death metal labels around.

Guys, new guttural secrete is brilliant. Holy fuck, first listen and I'm in love, I dare say it might be better than defeated sanity. Delicious slams, good, varied songwriting, it even has some "different" parts but not overdoing anything so it always takes you by surprise. Damn.

I willing to say its better than DS at this point as well, I've definitely listened to it more.

I willing to say its better than DS at this point as well, I've definitely listened to it more.

I think Defeated Sanity are the best right now at doing the "Disgorge" style of Brutal Death, but the GS album just blew me away, I was expecting awesomeness because the first one was great, but this is even better than expected. I have to listen to both those albums more, but yeah I think GS is better, not that the DS album is anything short of brilliant. Devourment no the other hand, I hate to say it but didn't captivate me nearly as much as those two.

I think Defeated Sanity are the best right now at doing the "Disgorge" style of Brutal Death, but the GS album just blew me away, I was expecting awesomeness because the first one was great, but this is even better than expected. I have to listen to both those albums more, but yeah I think GS is better, not that the DS album is anything short of brilliant. Devourment no the other hand, I hate to say it but didn't captivate me nearly as much as those two.

Out of all the albums so far I think Devourment is my favorite but GS is definitely better than DS, I like the production on DS alot better though.

My favorite BDM album this year so far is Passages Into Deformity ... looking forward to checking out that Euphoric Defilement album, and maybe even Gutteral Secrete after reading the last few posts.

I was never able to get into Devourment, they bore the shit out of me ... haven't heard their new one though.

We are getting so flush with quality brutal death metal releases this year it's really amazing.

The production on Defeated Sanity's album really does it for me and their many winding songs are so complex and often unorthodox it keeps me completely interested and I've played it a bunch of times already. Their best album and part of that is the production and overall guitar tone. The bass is clearly a huge part of what they do. It's a massive machine of excellent musicians that do it as well or better than anybody else.

Though I do like Katalepsy's Autopsychosis a bit better. That's in part due to the many devastating slams and overall most-powerful sound.

Guttural Secrete's album is really, really good, too. The complexity and cohesion are great. The only gripe is have is the guitar tone. The overall songwriting and musicianship is excellent. Huge win here.

Suffocation's new one is top notch, too. Another masterful production job and incredible work. I find myself going back to it often. Really like almost everything about it. The vocals are excellent. It has everything, really. Strange that it sounds a slight bit commercial compared to the others, but I think that's only because the band is just so good at what they do. They didn't change to please. They just keep getting better and that's tough to do when you're already a major player in the genre.

After those four it gets a bit tougher. The rest of the albums so far have bigger holes in their game. Devourment's is good but just not interesting or nasty enough. I like it plenty well, but it still falls short for me.

I'm still sorting out a handful of other bands which put out albums I like on the first couple plays, but I've yet to recognize which of them are standouts. More listens required. Euphoric Defilement, Blunt Force Trauma, Scatorgy, Goemagot, Laceration, and many more new ones - and all this from 2013 already!

Couple of previously unreleased Human Rejection songs:

And a new Human Mastication song!!! C_zar, you might like this band since you usually like the simpler lo-fi stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The drumming on that human mastication song sounds like the drummer is hitting the plastic lid of a metal coffee can.

Also, defeated sanity is my favorite album so far this year. I've still got the new guttural secrete on the way but I doubt it will top it. I've also got wormed on preorder so we'll see there. DS just does too much... The techy parts in the album can only remind me of atheist. Passages is probably one of my favorite slam album in recent history.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Guttural_Secrete/Nourishing_the_Spoil/356416/

This review is horseshit. Over half of what's there is complaining they aren't brutal enough in their lyrics and imagery any more. I personally think when the band's tone down the brutal lyrics its a sign of maturity and they're just trying to make the lyrics make just a little bit of sense.

Also, New Devourment is still boring trash.

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Guttural_Secrete/Nourishing_the_Spoil/356416/

This review is horseshit. Over half of what's there is complaining they aren't brutal enough in their lyrics and imagery any more. I personally think when the band's tone down the brutal lyrics its a sign of maturity and they're just trying to make the lyrics make just a little bit of sense.

Also, New Devourment is still boring trash.

I stopped when he said what made the first album memorable was the lyrical content. Does this guy actually listen with the lyrics in his hand? Agreed, horseshit. Seriously dude, I didn't think anything could too DS, but I think this album has done it, it's like a more varied but in no way less brutal or slamming version of Reek of Pubescent Despoilment.

This genre overall is pretty shitty for me, BUT, i do enjoy some of them like Brodequin, Amputated Genitals, Defeated Sanity, Cinerary, Gorgasm, Wormed and some more.. Not a fan of Slam but i can dig some slam influenced bands.

And a new Human Mastication song!!! C_zar, you might like this band since you usually like the simpler lo-fi stuff.

Sounds pretty cool and the vibe is right. I wish the vocals were slower/less bouncy, but I'll check out more from this album. Any idea when it will come out?

Thus far, my favorites slam releases this year are Expurgate and Urethral Defecation.

Knew you'd love that Urethral Defecation, haha.

New Wormed is on the interwebs, it doesn't disappoint.