Brutal/Slam Death Metal

The most obvious one I can think of is Nile, but there are many, many non-gore themed bands out there if you look hard enough. One such band I highly recommend is Sauriel. They talk about outer space and shit.

The most obvious one I can think of is Nile, but there are many, many non-gore themed bands out there if you look hard enough. One such band I highly recommend is Sauriel. They talk about outer space and shit.

Who the fuck are you talking to?

Reactions: CiG
Found out the bassist from Viraemia committed suicide on March 24th. God damn rest in peace. Dude was a fucking maniac in that band.

Why is Dutch Golden Age brutal death so fucking sick? A lot of them stuck to the super Suffocation-oriented sound but some like Bloodboil and Severe Torture added a heaping handful of early Cannibal Corpse to it and it gave it extra zing in all the right places.

You really should have known, man, I know more about BDM than I do regular DM, which is a pretty decent amount lol. Anyway, I'm not certain, but I doubt it since this isn't a BDM-oriented thread. It's on my RYM, check it out if you wanna delve into literally the rawest, most absurd scene in brutal death history.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelord/colombian-brutal-death-metal

Finally had some time to go through this list and check the bands out that I didn't know yet, out of everything these I felt were the highlights.

Amputated Genitals:

This was totally sick man, really enjoyed the overall chunky wetness of it. Will definitely have to give the full album a go at some point. Also happened to notice that they have an album out this year, here's a track:

Also killer inner CD design lmao:

R-1852119-1360531880-1362.jpeg.jpg

Bacteremia:

Instant interest in this band, they have that drier more mechanical style I really like in brutal/technical death metal. Gives off a kinda early Psycroptic vibe at times, along with Disgorge or Wormed I think. Anyways the tracks I checked out blew me away.

Also going by their shirts they have the right influences lol:

101753428.jpg

Blaze Inside:

Holy snare drum fuckballs this is mental! This definitely tickles my filthy grindcore heart in many ways, I came like 4 times over those squeals and snare holocausts. This is the kind of stuff that gives headaches to wimps.

Artwork totally perfectly sums up their sound lmfao:

a1360396076_10.jpg

Carnagia:

That artwork is hilariously shit, I love it. This is just some sick no bullshit extra guttural brutal death metal. Kinda feels like it should be a staple in terms of how classic it sounds. Not trying to be a gimmicky band or anything, just crushing out some death metal. Second link displays some totally killer dual vocals.

Cercenatory:

Demented shit! This is inconceivably heavy and dark hahaha. Just bonkers, I love it. I appreciate the little nods to Suffocation and Immolation in their riffing too. The slam parts were total classic era Devourment and Internal Bleeding. Really sucks when bands like this do like one or two things and then kinda vanish, easily one of the best things out of everything I checked out.

Incinerating Prophecies:

That artwork is really fucked up lmfao. ^

This kind of classic brutal death metal rules, nice and proficient, great drumming, crushing pace. Overall an enjoyable listen.

Masturbation:

scanners.gif

That was ultra-sick. I have no other words...

Mental Apraxia:

Okay yeah this is a pretty weird one, totally bizarre and obscure sound. Feels almost accidental, like the kind of weird sound you only get from untrained musicians trying to interpret their influences into a cohesive project, but instead it just sounds like this. When you referred to these guys as "off-kilter" you definitely nailed it, I love it though. It's the total opposite of clinical brutal/technical death metal. Nothing quite sounds right.

Mindly Rotten:

Some serious hyperblasting Brain Drill tier shit going on here. I hear some grind and some wild tech shit, I didn't bother checking out anything from their other albums because the art looked gay and you said this was their best, so because of that I got more tracks in than most other shit I checked out, fucking loved it. They have an almost claustrophobic feeling, like there's no space or wriggle room with the songs, every moment is filled with brutal crushing sick metal. I guess that's where the Brain Drill vibe comes in, that "busy" feeling.

My Plague:

I wasn't expecting much from the name and album art but fuck yeah this is SICK. Those crashing cymbals are just bonkers man! Ultra ultra low and guttural, just overall good shit. Fucked up to think how many people maybe overlooked this album because of its goofy band name/cover art.

Again, the shirt choices tell the story:

R-3315928-1518865878-4890.jpeg.jpg

Phalogore:

Hilarious drum machine but man that bass sounds nice and ominous, and the vocalist is a sicko. This one is very grindy actually, but also very slammy. Great shit, most will probably puke over a band like this. This one definitely is for connoisseurs.

Suppuration:

I love everything about this lo-fi ping-pong snare-raping ultra-ultra low cricket-throated mess. As much as I like the sound of that first album, fucking boy oh boy did they step it up for their second album, just going by the few tracks I blasted. It's less distinct than the debut and more in line with Deeds of Flesh and other proficient brutal/tech bands but it sounds nasty as fuck. And check this artwork out! I'd love to see a high definition scan of it one day, it's amazing:

R-2732547-1431422485-1396.jpeg.jpg

That was awesome man, cheers. I see you have a shitload of other lists, will definitely have to do some digging again soon!

Damn haven't seen these guys dropped in ages, I actually bought this on release day, that was a hype as fuck time. Wish I could go back to those old days and bitchslap younger me for getting out of brutal/tech/slam death metal, selling everything off and neglecting the genres for so many years.

You pretty much liked all the sickest shit, which is exactly what I figured you would; the only others I'd really say you should dig a little deeper would be like Goreobscenity, Carnal, and Wormeaten; otherwise you covered the sickest stuff, even the super underrated stuff like My Plague lol. So much of the scene is just completely over-the-top and inaccessible, I'm certain it's where my love of rawness and ping snare came from.

I have the flag of that Arsebreed album hanging in my garage, right next to Ecchymosis and Devourment's Molesting the Decapitated hahaha it's super off-putting and it makes me love bringing new people over lmao

Also, there's a "new" Jenovavirus song that some guy found on a website that was recorded wayback when, but never released. I never thought there'd be any more to hear from them, so enjoy.

So I've been doing a bit of digging into slam. I figured "hey, I like Suffocation, Morpheus Descends, Internal Bleeding, Pyrexia, and Infester" which border on the style anyway. Honestly, most of it is boring but I found this one band from Taiwan which may have been posted here at some point. This is brutal, hilarious, and primitive as fuck. Been completely addicted to this album over the past few days.

I'm assuming you've already checked out Devourment, but here's some shit I like a lot that probably has more in common with stuff like Internal Bleeding, Suffocation, Pyrexia etc:

I found this one band from Taiwan which may have been posted here at some point. This is brutal, hilarious, and primitive as fuck. Been completely addicted to this album over the past few days.

Digging it so far!

They just strike me as kinda boring, especially for a band as hailed as they are in the genre. I get that they were one of the firsts to do it but it doesn't do much for me.