Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Woah, I'm listening to Wormed now & it's pretty fucking bad ass. I finally got around to it. I personally like this better than Devourment. It's much Poppier.

Come on dude, have a sense of humor. Remember my other "joke" comment? I'm clearly joking. Wormed do have better production & more interesting songs though.

I guess calling Wormed more "interesting" is fairly accurate, but it's still a pedestrian observation. "Interesting" to you seems to be that it doesn't just go for pure slam with that style of songwriting. Interesting means different things to Nick and I though. Ancient Necropsy is interesting. Fetal Mutilation is interesting. The bands we consider "interesting" (no more uses I promise) are very different from what you do which makes you sound awkward when talking about it.

I think you should take your time to ease into the genre, find out what differentiates the different regional scenes, read our blog (it's actually informative, trust me; not just being a douchebag-y self promotion whore), and post when you have a better understanding.

I agree with V here. It's something I should look into for at least a few months before making any more judgements. CC, I was very clearly joking with the Pop comment.

Maybe you guys can help me with this... I think this is a Brutal DM band, but I can't remember. I thought the name of the band was "Anal Cunt" but I am terribly wrong. I remember them having a page on M-A & they had got rave reviews. I wanted to check them out but I can't remember their exact name & I remember it being a vulgar name. Any suggestions on who this might be? They may not be a "Brutal" DM band, but they did have sick song titles & very gory lyrics.

CC, read his post, he didn't say the band was Anal Cunt. It was probably Anal Blast. If you want to hear them, send me like 3 bucks and I'll send you a promo copy (no jewel case but with all the inserts and the CD) of their recent discography CD on Mutilated Records (I'm not kidding).

Well, thanks for the help... It is possible that they were a Grind band, but it wasn't Anal Blast... It's going to kill me until I think of it, but I will let you guys know if I figure it out.

It definitely wasn't Anal Cunt & it was actually a much less well known name I believe...

They had really gorey lyrics & song titles & a very perverse & graphic name...

They were gauged somewhere along the lines of Death Metal or Slam, possibly Grind...

They had possibly only 1-2 albums & really crazy sick album names.

They had a page at Metal-Archives with very good ratings & Anal Cunt doesn't.

@ cc

it's the 2005 release...

Now listening to Wormed - Planisphaerium...

just fucking awesome... :kickass:
:kickass: Get the 06 version. It is a huge improvement. Biggest thing is that they got rid of the fret noise that is caused by shifting power chords.

CC, read his post, he didn't say the band was Anal Cunt. It was probably Anal Blast.
Oh, my apologies.

Sorry guys but those were not it.

They had some sort of name like Rotting Cunt or Anal "something". I will know it when I see it & I will eventually run into the band again. They seemed to be a very cherished bands by their reviews.

I love how we are trying to find a bunch of bands with the term "Anal" in it...

V5, could you help me find some brutal death that will fit my tastes?