Brutal/Slam Death Metal

So it seems that Severed Savior has adopted Odious Mortem's vocalist, who will simultaneously front both bands. This could be cool, as long as neither band suffers from this relationship (which is unlikely imo). Dusty's vocals were pretty damn good though.

So it seems that Severed Savior has adopted Odious Mortem's vocalist, who will simultaneously front both bands. This could be cool, as long as neither band suffers from this relationship (which is unlikely imo). Dusty's vocals were pretty damn good though.

That sounds cool.

Severed Savior is the definition of bland, hopefully OM's dude will help them out since I liked his vox on Cryptic Implosion. Weirdly understandable, not guttural at all.

In Slam-Minded news, Nick and I recently did an article on the Russian slam scene. Ivan of Cephalic Impurity will probably add to it eventually, so keep your eyes peeled.

Upcoming posts:
-Top ten brutal albums of '07
-Superlatives
-Year end thank yous etc.

So is Hate Eternal brutal enough for you? What do you consider brutal?

Hate Eternal are borderline. This isn't a case of what is "brutal enough for me" and it's just demonizing to claim that I'm acting "above" non-brutal death metal bands. Please check a lot of my previous posts in this thread to see what is considered brutal. Brutality is not my opinion.

bland?

No. I love that band.

I do too. Not mind-blowingly spectacular, but good at what they do. Either way, I can't see the addition of Odious Mortem's vocalist putting too much of a dent in SS's sound, as he sounds pretty similar to Dusty. I do agree that his work on Cryptic Implosion was impressive though. Kind of refreshingly tasteful.