Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I gave Planishphaerium another listen. This is for sure a band you need to take your time with to fully decipher its greatness.

It's fucking weird, that's for sure. For ENTHUSIASTS only...

I am not an enthusiast but I am loving it for what it is. Aside from the samples.

BTW V5 sense I can only catch you here I swear I found band that you will like. I am sorry if its off topic and genre. They are called Animal Collective. For some reason after listening to your noise band and than these guys I think you will love it.

I saw Fetal Mutilation's video of groovy-slam-death-metal if that's the future of death metal were all in trouble, just what i needis a whole bunch of bandana faced punks swinging their feet in the air, Just wait til Brazil comes up with a band and you will see a fusion of slam-death with capoiera:loco:

I saw Fetal Mutilation's video of groovy-slam-death-metal if that's the future of death metal were all in trouble, just what i needis a whole bunch of bandana faced punks swinging their feet in the air, Just wait til Brazil comes up with a band and you will see a fusion of slam-death with capoiera:loco:

Get out then? YOUR KIND IS NOT WELCOME LEAVE THE HALL...

I just lent all of the CD-r's from Nick's care package to my friend Ryan who lives down the hall. He's a real grindcore enthusiast and I plan on interviewing his band for ZephyrBlog.

Anyone have some album suggestions on what would be some good brutal DM to check out? I haven't heard much (Some Cannibal Corpse, some Behemoth, and some Cryptopsy, but that's about it), and I'm looking to get into some more. What albums would everyone suggest for a brutal DM newbie?

(And yeah, I know this should probably have gone into the band recommendations forum, but I figured why make a new thread when theres a Brutal/Slam DM thread sitting right here?)

I'd also like to extend a welcome. The bands CC listed are great to start with, pretty groovy and brutal or otherwise accessible. Please check out the blog in either of our links (SLAM-MINDED) to learn more about brutal death.

See you on the forum!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check out The Metal Observer to find out which albums to get first by those bands, as well as the blog you mention.

I wasn't aware that those three bands I mentioned aren't brutal, thank you for correcting me. They were heavier than most of the DM I've heard (mainly melodic DM), and I was told by at least one person CC and Cryptopsy were brutal.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check out The Metal Observer to find out which albums to get first by those bands, as well as the blog you mention.

I wasn't aware that those three bands I mentioned aren't brutal, thank you for correcting me. They were heavier than most of the DM I've heard (mainly melodic DM), and I was told by at least one person CC and Cryptopsy were brutal.

I wouldn't credit The Metal Observer as a reliable source. You're better off just sticking with the experts here on this forum.

They might be brutal in some sense, but not technically "brutal" in accordance to the genre's provisions.
Yes. Unfortunately the word brutal, when not used in the context of this genre, is rather vague. Brutal in terms of death metal means a certain kind of death metal, best exemplified by Suffocation and Devourment, where as brutal just as an adjective could probably be ascribed to most extreme metal.