Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I think the old Cephalic Carnage are slam, i mean the albums Conforming to Abnormality and Exploiting Dysfunction and their slams are fucking brutal and heavy.

Also check out a new Belgium band called Fractured Insanity and their myspace are http://myspace.com/fracturedinsanity.

They just released their debut through Gorgiastic Records just like Defeated Sanity. They are fucking talented Brutal Technical Death Metal band. I don't know if they're slam or not but i wanted you guys to know about this band cuz they just need more recognition. They're debut album, When Mankind becomes Diseased is #1 for me for this year with Defeated Sanity and Odious Mortem. :headbang:

Yep, as long as you enjoy Devourment I see no reason for you to dislike 99% of the genre because it's all similar. Nick and I are good at seeing the little things which make particular slam bands unique and interesting though. Check our blog for recommendations.

K im new to this whole slam death thing.
Ive listened to ( and love) Devourement and Wormed. I hope thats slam, and if so, got anymore for me? I am a Slam N00b

Check out:

Human Rejection
Carnivore Diprosopus
Down From The Wound
Aversion To Life
Revenance
Despondency
Human Artifacts

These are a few of the best.

I'd add Vomit Remnants and Soils of Fate too, but that list + our blog should be a good starting place.

I'm listening to Fractured Insanity now. I'll give my opinion after I finish listening to their myspace.

EDIT: Fractured Insanity reminds me of Deeds of Flesh, Decapitated and the newest Defeated Sanity. Lots of tremelo riffs, deep but not guttural vocals, stop start riffs, and a few mid-paced slams. I'm not really a fan of the Decapitated style stop start so that worked against them, but the rest was good enough. I doubt I'll buy it though.

Vulnus are kind of obscure and I've never heard them. Slam is basically brutal death metal that relies on rhythm, primarily though groove and breakdowns. Molesting the Decapitated is pretty much the blueprint for the genre.

any1 kno Viral load. Another amazing Slam band. Shawn Witaker is the man. Same goes for Insidious Decrepancy.