Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Nailshitter is not amused
456215104_l.jpg

That band is awesome, which reminds me...I need to go pick up some of their shit. As for Brutal/"Slam" death.....Devourment is nice, to a degree. Disgorge (US) is cool as well.

And I HAVE to say that the genre-name is stupid. Maybe I'm getting old, but a lot of these genres of today (in regards to name) are ridiculous.

"Brutal death metal" is the actual genre, "slam death" is just a way of playing BDM. It's not really "canon" of metal genres :p

If you like Devourment and Caligorge, you would like...well, everything almost.

The vocals are absolutly sick and guttural, I was a bit surprised about the mixing, all is like far away except the vocals, they're everywhere around you. It sounds a bit like on a tape or a vynil, like it was actually recorded before the demo. The guitars switch sides somewhat and with crepitation. It's also slammier.

all is like far away except the vocals, they're everywhere around you.

Oh wait, I don't have this feeling anymore, maybe I got used to it. :lol: now the vocals are before my head and the guitars are like talking - this riff the left one is louder and another it's the right one.. Sick. :kickass:

Yea and you can hear a click everytime the riff starts and ends. It's somewhere between weird and sick. Yea.

I've noticed the Sevared list on S-M, those cds are all worth listening I guess.. Because I've never heard any of those bands..

any1 heard of Dawn of Demise's album called "Hate Takes Its Form " and Bane's album called "Vehemence: The Cathartic Remnants Of Chaos, Virtue And Time"!

Those two are true Brutal Death Metal masterpieces!