Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Since when can a singer only tour with one band?

Is there any word that Way is out of Abominable Putridity? If so I haven't heard it. Being in two bands doesn't make touring mutually exclusive, does it?

Personally, I'd love to have a chance to see Way and AP live, which I have yet to do!

Since when can a singer only tour with one band?

Is there any word that Way is out of Abominable Putridity? If so I haven't heard it. Being in two bands doesn't make touring mutually exclusive, does it?

Personally, I'd love to have a chance to see Way and AP live, which I have yet to do!

Well if he toured with both at them same time then maybe it would work I guess.

I will admit, Huber sounds more brutal but I just like the sound of Matti's growls better. Hes practically "the" BDM vocalist.

He definitely is THE guy in the genre. I'd almost argue that Disgorge set the bar for heaviness that, IMO, still hasn't quite been hit by anyone else.

The only disgorge full length I can even listen to is consume the forsaken. Cognitive lust of mutilation , the demo, is goddamn disgusting though.

New vulvectomy out now at sevared. Will be buying it when I get home, along with post abortion slut fuck, as my copy is MIA.

Checked out Putrified J. Having a difficult time explaining how underwhelmed I am with it four tracks in.

Heavier? Your joking right?

yeah, heavier. Unleash the Carnivore was so one dimensional. This record leaves a better impression. I stand by it being heavier.

"...death metal of the highest order... 5/5 - Album of the Month" - Terrorizer

“...an album you want to listen to if you’re in the mood for brutality. 5/5” - Headbang or GTFO

“This album feels bigger, better, fatter, heavier, more balanced, more thoughtful and just really NEW! 5/5" - Guttural Death

“This is by far one of the heaviest records I’ve ever heard. 5/5" - Stereokiller

On another note, I ordered the new guttural secrete last month, and BB just sent me the email confirmed it was shipped a few days ago, Whereas I placed an order with Relapse 10 days ago and It got here in 9. I can see what you guys are talking about.

Most people doing those reviews aren't really into Brutal/slam death metal, they are just regular metalheads that probably only heard Cannibal Corpse and Suicide Silence before being asked to review that album.

I would say its their least heavy album to date.

Ordered the new GS from the band and got it quick and they sent me a bunch of logo stickers. Sadly it isn't as good as RoPD.

Depends on your definition of heavy, I think. Those old Devourment albums had more frenetic riffage and were maybe better written, but the production left a LOT to be desired. Unleash is my favorite off-hand (I'll probably whip through them all later just to see how my tastes may have changed), but the latest is beefy as all fuck.

An album written like Butcher but produced like Conceived would be so cataclysmically heavy the universe would collapse.

Depends on your definition of heavy, I think. Those old Devourment albums had more frenetic riffage and were maybe better written, but the production left a LOT to be desired. Unleash is my favorite off-hand (I'll probably whip through them all later just to see how my tastes may have changed), but the latest is beefy as all fuck.

An album written like Butcher but produced like Conceived would be so cataclysmically heavy the universe would collapse.

I find conceived to contain the best elements of all 3 albums. The darker side of UTC, the always & amazing slamming of MTD, and the song structure of BTC.

Conceived feels most like BTW, except more perfected.

vulvectomy3.jpg

EXCELLENT! :loco::headbang::worship:

Listening to it now. Oh damn. The production feels a touch thin from the YT preview I'm checking out (Spotify doesn't have it yet), but... holy shit. I gotta be honest, I like this a lot more than anything I've heard yet. It's not overly technical, just grimy as all fuck with catchy riffs everywhere.

Admittedly Vulvectomy's always been my go-to slam band. PASF is my pick for underrated gem, and this seems to top it.

Alright so now having all of the BDM metals from this year so far that I know are good in tabs, I have to pick a favorite.

We got, Goemagot, Katalepsy, Guttural Slug, Guttural Secrete, Coprocephalic, Vulvectomy, Euphoric Defilement, Laceration, Devourment, Suffocation, Defeated Sanity, and I think that's it.

So I've decided to listen to Guttural Slug first because its the shortest and I know its not the best, here we have dirty production that is kinda dry sounding, pretty much all out slam, not very "technical" like Suffocation, Katalepsy, Defeated Sanity etc. This album (or EP since its so short) has a abundance of vocal styles, from pig squeals, fry vocals, and standard guttural sounding vocals, all executed pretty nicely. Overall a very catchy album that should please any brutal metalhead.

Now i'm at Devourment, also again definitely not the best but fuck it right? This album has really good production, sounds really tight and dirty just like it should while still clean enough to hear everything, on this album we see their vocalist changing direction pretty drastically, the lows aren't as "brutal" as any other Devourment album but are more understandable, with the screamy kind of vocals were you can clearly here what he is saying, this album is all about being catchy and is a good release, I can't imagine what they will do next. I WATCHED THEM DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so now i'm at Defeated Sanity, this is a crazy fast, ultra, in your face assault of extremely technical and brutal death metal, yet the guitarist can still write fucking epic breakdowns/slams and keep a groovy vibe throughout. The basslines in this album are really cool, and well the vocalist sounds pretty much the same the whole time, not the best sounding vocalist IMO but its fucking Defeated Sanity!

Now with Vulvectomy, I'm going to be honest, I didn't expect this album to be so good, maybe its the "shock factor" of just listening to it, but this album really surprised me. For starters every time I hear the intro I just burst out laughing (maybe because i'm stoned :lol:) but I played the intro like 15 times in COD lobbies and scared a bunch of little kids. This album has SUPER awesome riffs, the production is pretty much perfect, the guitars have a certain sharpness to the sound through my monitors that just sounds fucking brutal. The best part of this album is the vocalist, I have absolutely no idea how the fuck he sounds like he does, but these are without doubt the most unique BDM vocals I've heard, at least this year. Kind of like in between gutturals and pig squeals.

Well lets see, okay Laceration it is. This album is outstandingly heavy, with pretty clean production, has the chuggy vibe of Devourment but is maybe a bit cleaner. This album focuses more on being brutal as possible than being slammy as possible, but both kinds of parts are really good. The vocalist again isn't the best but fits the band, kinda wish they were maybe a bit thicker and louder but oh well. The slams are pretty fast tempo which makes this album standout I guess, the album also has some "open chord" kind of riffs that sound pretty cool.

Now i'm teh Goemagot, the biggest standout factor in this band/album is the vocalist, he sounds like a fucking insane gorilla dinosaur hybrid or some shit, when he tries to do different vocals from I guess his "standard" vocal style, as in trying to do really deep gutturals, fry vocals and pig squeals, he sounds a little weak though. The album obviously has good production, sounds really normal. The slams are standard mid tempo, TBH not as catchy as the other offerings but still a worthy release of buying.

Well, Euphoric Defilement it is. If I remember correctly this is actually the first album released in 2013 that I heard, and god damn is it fucking good. Starts off with a kinda boring keyboard intro then for like 2 seconds you hear some weird mutant sound and then BOOM blasted in your fucking face with fast, brutal death metal! This album sounds more technical than it really is, not really a bad thing or good thing, just wanted to say that :) This album leans more to the "brutal" side than the "slam" side, but there are some really memorable slams (in the first song, there's a sluggish sounding riff with triple harmonics that sounding really cool) The vocalist here is pretty deep in the mix most of the time, sounds like a evil toilet flush of doom. The album keeps the same kind of vibe throughout the album, could be bad or good depending on your tastes.

Okay i'm on Coprocephalic now, what can I say? Wait a second I am fucking telling you, oh never mind. This production on this album is super thick and disgusting, the slams are heavy as Paul Mason, the vocalist does guttural and pig squeals most of the time and he definitely doesn't pronounce shit :lol OOH EEH AAH AAH OOH OOH. Great album though.

Guttural Secrete up in this bitch! After listening to this album and their previous but is still good. The production has kind of a loose yet still tight thing going on (okay or maybe I'm just fucking psychotic) doesn't have the sharpness of vulvectomy or the chug of Devourment. The fast parts in this album are all kinda similar sounding, with weird robotic sounding technical sounding shit, the slams are usually really short and afterwards they go right back to being fast again. I don't know guys, at first I really liked it but now when I really compare it to everything else its not as good anymore.

Now for the ULTIMATE FUCKING 2013 ALBUM and pretty much my second favorite BDM album ever after Abominable Putridty's latest, we have teh almighty KATALEPSY! Instantly when you listen to this album, you will notice it is NOTHING like any of their other materiel. For starters the vocalist has easily the best voice out of any of these bands, sounds really deep and guttural. Now this albums guitar are super thick and fucking brutal (I believe they used 8 string guitars?) and super technical at times with lots of harmonic play, there is also single note riffs that you would hear in like old school death metal (Laceration also has this) and slams that make me want to jump in a mosh pit with transformers. My favorite thing about this album, is it has variety, the album kind of shifts between different moods/styles, like one song will be more brutal and less fast, then the next song will be crazy technical with those triple harmonic (I have no idea what they are actually called) parts and this album actually has solos worth listening to, the "interlude" clean/solo part is a good example of that and the shift of sound throughout the album as well, as the songs afterwards sound different. There some arpeggiated (can't spell or even know if that's how you say that) solos around 12:00 on the album that sounded really cool, then a sick breakdownish slam followed.

Note : I didn't even bother writing up anything for Suffocation, despite my fanboyness for them, their latest album quite frankly isn't "brutal" like any of these albums, its more like a technical death metal album tuned way higher then most brutal death metal bands, pretty sure them and Dying Fetus are the only bands that are considered to be part of this genre that tune all the way up to C# instead of B, Drop A etc. Its a good album of course but to me it doesn't make sense to compare it to something like Guttural Secrete or Katalepsy.

Forgot about the Unbirth album :lol:

Super fast, clean production that you would except from a "technical" BDM band, the vocalist has more standard understandable DM vocals blended with pig squeals (sometimes actually at the same time)

This album reminds my a lot of Soreptions Deterioration of Minds, (one of the best tech death albums ever IMO) since it has the same(ish) fast yet ultra groovy slammy riffs, only heard these kind of riffs from these two bands, overall the production here is also kind of similar as well, less dirtyness and overall cleaner though, less brutal. I would say I prefer the vocals on this album, the solos and riffs aren't as good but still shit all over stuff like Hour of Penance or Brain Drill IMO.

Pretty comprehensive list, thanks, I still have a few of those to check, I only recently discovered vulvectomy and was impressed.

Have you heard the new wormed? I listened to the full stream on metal sucks (I think? Don't remember) and I enjoyed it, but it's not nearly as brutal or slammy as planisphaerium, I have to listen to it more though.