Brutal/Slam Death Metal

I've only read the first and last pages of this thread (no way in hell am I going though all 81 pages lol), so I may have missed something that was said. I've tried to get into Slam Death several times before, I just can't, it bores me to no end. There was even a Brutal/Slam Death thread on the myspace metal forum about 1-2 years ago. I downloaded some stuff from that thread and wasn't impressed. As far as Slam Death goes I've heard Devourment, Smashed Face, Digested Flesh, Vomit Remnants, Infected Malignity, Dying Fetus, Saprogenic, Gutteral Secret, Despondency, Woundeep, Disconformity, and about 6 others of which I dont remember names. The only ones that I kind of enjoyed were Woundeep, Disconformity, and Smashed Face. So, my question is, can anyone recomend me something that would wow me to the point of actually developing a taste for this genre other than those three bands?

If not, I'll just stick to Brutal Death. Benighted FTW.

cannibalcorpse: Not really, they are similar but altogether thay are pretty different I would say. And Vomitory kicks ass, I personally wouldn't call them Slam Death though.

EDIT:

I would say Brutal Death is stuff like Krisiun, Beheaded, Benighted, Skinless, Aborted, etc.

Or, I could be wrong. It could be I just don't like the majority of Slam/Brutal Death.

Most people who seem to dislike most slam death but only like some like the band abominable putridity. everyone should really get around to listening to them. I can't recommend them enough.

No Sign of Improvement, it sounds like you just won't like Slam Death. You listened to a lot of the best.

Also as said by others, slam death is a style of brutal death that more emphasizes the slow groove instead of just brutality. Basically within brutal death metal there is slam death and there is "regular" brutal death metal.

No they aren't. Krisiun, Brodequin, Deeds Of Flesh and newer Inveracity are all examples of brutal death metal that ISN'T slam death. Slam is a style of brutal death metal.

MoreYouKnow.jpg

Didn't know that. :)

I thought Slam was a synonym (right word?) for Brutal.

If Suffocation are nothing like the brutal death metal you've heard you're either not listening to BDM or you're deaf.

You're such a smart ass. Good for you. I'm sure you feel great about yourself.

Read what I wrote again. Of course there are similarities, but it's fucking death metal. I sure wouldn't necessarily identify their sound with Devourment, Wormed or Skinless. Maybe BDM is more broad than I give it credit for. I just think they're Tech DM.

pretty sweet devourment package on brutal bands.

devourment butcher the weak album art shirt, poster, butcher the weak cd all for $30