BUILD YOUR DREAM BAND

Jari Maenpaa (Wintersun, Ensiferum) - Vocals
Ricardo Amorim (Moonspell) - Guitar
Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden) - Guitar
D.D. Verni (Overkill) - Bass
Darek 'Daray' Brzozowski (Vader) - Drums
Henri Sorvali (Moonsorrow, Finntroll) - Keyboards

I have no idea what this would sound like but i'm sure it would be some kind of awesomeness. Maybe have Mike Ammot (Arch Enemy), Frank Blackfire (Kreator) and Esa Holopainen (Amorphis) do a few guest solos (hey, it is a dream band afterall).

Is moonspell anygood.

I've been curious about looking into them. Whenever I look up cds i'm into someone who's into that cd likes moonspell.... according to Cduniverse.com.

Moonspell have released some great stuff, mainly their first two albums, but aside from them they are really fucking bland.

Lead Vocals/Guitar: Daniel Gildenlow
Guitars/Backing vocals: Johan Hallgren
Drums/Backing vocals: Johan Langell
Keyboards: Frederik Hermanson
Bass/Backing vocals: Kristoffer Gildenlow

That is the perfect band. You will never find one more solid, and sadly it is now but a dream, due to Kristoffer no longer being a part of the band. T_T

The Greys said:
Is moonspell anygood.

I've been curious about looking into them.

Moonspell is great, one of the first metal bands I heard and still a favorite. All their albums are good although sin/pecado and the butterfly effect are more "experimental" so you might to not want to start with those. Wolfheart is more folk black metal while their later albums are "gothic" metal kind of. That said, their latest, the antidote, might be a good place to start.

Lead - Dimebag (Pantera/Damageplan)
Rhythm - Mark Morton (Lamb of God)
Bass - Ryan Martinie (Mudvayne)
Drums - Joey Jordison (Slipknot/Murder Dolls)
Vocals - Chad Gray (Mudvayne)

1. Lead Guitar - John Petrucci(Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment)
2. Rhythm Guitar - Kai Hansen(Helloween, and every other band ever)
3. Bass - Joe DiBiase (Fates Warning)
4. Drums - Sean Reinert(Cynic, Aeon Spoke)
5. Vocals
a. Kevin Gilbert(Toy Matinee, Giraffe) sometimes. For slow songs.
b. Hansi Kürsch(Blind Guardian) sometimes. If he sounds like I like. (example: First few lines of Imaginations from the other side. Other example: "Truth lies in lonliness when hope has long gone by" from Soulforged.)
c. Devin Townsend(SYL and Devin Townsend Band) sometimes. When it fits.
d. Jörgen Sandström(Grave, The Project Hate) for all harsh vocals.
6. Keyboards - none.
7. Lyrics - All written by Kevin Gilbert. Nothing good comes of letting any other members in this band(except perhaps Reinert who has committed no lyrical evils yet, and townsend whom I haven't really inspected) write a single word down. Ever.

What the fuck is with you? How can you say that he can´t sing? Have you ever been attended to NIN´s gig? I have and it´s not like Audioslave, trust me.
By what you´re judging? Just curious.

Fredy_Brown said:
All of them are great musicians.
Trent Reznor and MJK are great singers (fact that you can´t deny).
Charlie Clouser is a master when it comes to sound mixing (metal scene hasn´t better person it that domain).

You may not like alternative rock, but they are masters in that genre.

trent reznor doesn't even compare to maynard. MJK is probably my favorite singer outside of the metal world and just a favorite in general. always enjoyed his lyrics too and approach to phrasing and dynamics. tool is underappriciated in my opinion but probably not for everybody.

fat bastard said:
trent reznor doesn't even compare to maynard. MJK is probably my favorite singer outside of the metal world and just a favorite in general. always enjoyed his lyrics too and approach to phrasing and dynamics. tool is underappriciated in my opinion but probably not for everybody.
Yeah, I totally agree with you...they just have a different style of singing, I can´t say which one is better.

Fredy_Brown said:
Yeah, I totally agree with you...they just have a different style of singing, I can´t say which one is better.

trent can't convey emotion or capture the mood of a song to the degree that maynard can but he also doesn't have the music of tool behind him and the magic that it brings. to be honest though i haven't really heard too much NIN lately other than what i might catch on the radio but the newer stuff just doesn't do anything for me. trents voice just doesn't seem refined enough for me compared to MJK and when doing the rock thing i think that someone like dave grohl captures the vibe better. this isn't me saying that i'm a huge Foo Fighters fan or anything but i can appreciate their sound more than the more commercial sound that NIN seemed to have forced upon themselves lately. NIN should be sounding cold and dark but it just doesn't seem that way anymore. fuck i wish tool would get that album released already.

fat bastard said:
trent can't convey emotion or capture the mood of a song to the degree that maynard can but he also doesn't have the music of tool behind him and the magic that it brings. to be honest though i haven't really heard too much NIN lately other than what i might catch on the radio but the newer stuff just doesn't do anything for me. trents voice just doesn't seem refined enough for me compared to MJK and when doing the rock thing i think that someone like dave grohl captures the vibe better. this isn't me saying that i'm a huge Foo Fighters fan or anything but i can appreciate their sound more than the more commercial sound that NIN seemed to have forced upon themselves lately. NIN should be sounding cold and dark but it just doesn't seem that way anymore. fuck i wish tool would get that album released already.
About Dave Grohl....I hate him, he was good until he was in NIRVANA....now: Foo Figters - how old are they? They sound like 18, not 40.
QOTSA - sorry but straight rock isn´t for me.
Those bands do really do anything for me, the problem is his drumming on [With_Teeth]: songs like The Collector or Getting Smaller are utter crap and I blame him. Now Josh Freese imroved them, but it´s still not much.
NIN should not sound dark and cold anymore, that was in 1994 neither depressed, that was in 1990; Reznor is heald from his drug and alcohol addiction, he is different person now.

fat bastard said:
trent can't convey emotion or capture the mood of a song to the degree that maynard can
What? NIN is based on this, I think that Reznor can convey his emotions and mood better than MJK, actually MJK is more actor in this point.

Trent Reznor is a whiny fucker that needs to stop making music. He's still writing about the same vague and cliche angsty bullshit that a sixteen year old goth scribbles in his "diary" in the back of algebra II.

You fucking idiot have you ever heard With Teeth? That album is contrary.
He also said he doesn´t like goth and doesn´t want them at NIN´s gigs.
What a clueless retard?