Building a computer..

Well, what do you plan on doing on it? and are you going to run XP or vista, because if your going for XP remember that you can only put 3 gigs of ram in it.

Looks pretty nice, and has a killer rebate on it. Btw, if you are going to be gaming, I suggest buying an intel processor and not an AMD. The AMD my friend and I (and a bunch of other people too) have seems to have problems with games (like CoD4).

i dunno...if you want it to go for more than a couple years and still play new games I'd go for Vista so you can get some DirectX 9.
I used to read tech, I don't anymore. Somewhere down the line I plan to build myself a kickass gaming PC. My plan is to read tech for a year before doing so so that I'll know what's what and actually build a decent machine.

i dunno...if you want it to go for more than a couple years and still play new games I'd go for Vista so you can get some DirectX 9.
I used to read tech, I don't anymore. Somewhere down the line I plan to build myself a kickass gaming PC. My plan is to read tech for a year before doing so so that I'll know what's what and actually build a decent machine.

it's 10, actually. You have a point though, possibly get two HDD's and install XP on the main drive, and vista on your secondary. My dad says that vista runs much better than it did because of updates, too.

err...yeah, 10. I have 9. I was thrown because I just installed a game that wanted to install 8.
But yeah. My friend hasn't had any trouble with vista tbh.
Looks like prices for cards are coming down these days, though. I think it won't be too long before it's possible to build a PC that's competitive with consoles both in performance and price.

Vista is a bitch. I had it for a year or so on my laptop before I installed XP instead My main issue with it isn't the bugs, but rather that it slows down most computers a lot, the low compatibility, and of course...

You are trying to perform an operation that will most definitely not cause any harm to your system at all. Are you sure you want to perform this operation?
>Yes
Windows has detected that you are about to perform an operation that will most definitely not cause any harm to your system at all. Please confirm that you are sure you want to perform this operation.
>Continue

My main issue with it isn't the bugs, but rather that it slows down most computers a lot

Well don't install it if you've got a computer which can't handle it

low compatability

Generally fixed by googling the compatability issue. It's been fixed by now.

You are trying to perform an operation that will most definitely not cause any harm to your system at all. Are you sure you want to perform this operation?
>Yes

Turn off User Account Control, like I did within the first 10 minutes of getting my new laptop.