Building my (really) small home studio..

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
Long story short. Got in a fight with the landlord of a space I rented. But that was just because the guy fucked me over, simply because there was an other guy who was able to pay more for the space. So without doubt, I moved my stuff outand started thinking, what now?!

Well I'm very happy that in my garden there is shed which was used for storage and where our chickens / pigs and whatever sleep.

The space isn't HUGE by all means. But it will work. The space is 5 meters by 3.5 meters and a height of 2.30 meters.

Glad enough the room I sleep in is really next to that space, so all cabling can go through the ground trough tubes and stuff! That way, that's the live room, and control room will be on my own bedroom. So that's no problem! I'm putting a camera in the other room (one of these PTZ cams, since my little brother works at a security company).

Last saturday I've started. I made a place for the animals and purchased a small wooden shed for them. I've got it in today and start building it somewhere this week if the weather allows.

Then upcoming saturday I'll be able to start with the woodwork in it. I will make an seperate "room" that is not attached to the walls and stuff to avoid and so on and on.

Anyway, I'm thinking of keeping you guys up-to-date with this project if you like it!

Here are the first pictures. A lot of digging, getting sand to put in the huge tiles for the space for the new animal shed.

P1000550.jpg

P1000549-1.jpg

P1000551.jpg

P1000556.jpg

P1000554.jpg

HHHHHHHHHHAhahaahahahahahahahahahahaha, dude, I love the freakin' pigs and chickens, but hey, a space is a space, and that's a sweet idea to have the cable/camera route from the shed to your room! (though you definitely have some cleaning to do! :lol: ) One thing though; this is your parents' house, right? Do you really wanna settle down and have your studio space there, which means you'd be resigning yourself to living with them for the future? o_O

What im thinking is that chickenshit-stench really sticks to stuff, so I wonder if you'l ever manage to get the smell out of that place! :lol:

What im thinking is that chickenshit-stench really sticks to stuff, so I wonder if you'l ever manage to get the smell out of that place! :lol:

Haha. Great. Yeah, the chicken shit...it doesn't smell that bad in there. The part where the animals were had wooden panels underneath so I can drag them out, and it's clean :)...

HHHHHHHHHHAhahaahahahahahahahahahahaha, dude, I love the freakin' pigs and chickens, but hey, a space is a space, and that's a sweet idea to have the cable/camera route from the shed to your room! (though you definitely have some cleaning to do! :lol: ) One thing though; this is your parents' house, right? Do you really wanna settle down and have your studio space there, which means you'd be resigning yourself to living with them for the future? o_O

I'm moving out mid 2009. The house that I will get then will be deff. within a 10km radius of this place be.

I run a company together with my dad, we both are full time busy in the company, and that's the living we make. The offica is also attached to my parents house. So whatever happens, I return there everyday anyway.

When I buy my house next year (with my gf), we for sure won't be able to invest +1500 euro's to start building a studio or some sort. So this solution will hold up for about 2-3 years and meanwhile when I have my own house, I can gather ideas and save up for the studio that I want to build in there.

I just can't wait now 2-3 years to actually start working with project studio, now since I've finally gotten some projects running and stuff. That would be killing to hold of another 2 years.

Where are the animals going to sleep?

Bought them a nice new wooden shed which was delivered today. If the weather allows, I'll set it up this week.

i dunno what part of the world youre in, but i would think that weathering/insulating the unit is gonna be a big concern. or maybe the studio foam will take care of that ;)

wow man, thats gonna be quite a project!

If you are going to talk to the band through cameras you should wear a mask like the Saw dude.

"Hello <insert band name here>
I want to play a game.
The rules are simple.
You must nail each riff in one take, perfectly in time to the click or you will be slowly asphyxiated by poisonous gas.
Let the games begin."

If only eh? Life would be so much easier if things were that way.

Ok...got some updates..I'm actually allready further then when I made these photos. So soon I'll upload newer photos. The animals allready moved into their new place and here's a quick view of their new place during building.

First off...Terror cat...he'll rip you apart if you mess with him..seriously
P1000584.jpg

Me big daddy
P1000585.jpg

My dad and younger brother
P1000586.jpg

Hahahahahahaha, dude, I love Terror Cat, and the chickens never cease to amuse - you're gonna cram all the animals in that shed your pops is in, though? o_O