Bulb - New rough clip with vocals! (podx3, dfhs, petrucci 7)

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Sup dudes,
This is a short groovy idea i have been working on (still very much a work in progress) and Tom Murphy (the bassist from my band Periphery) came over and laid down some rough vocal ideas.
When he comes over next time we will retrack everything and get some more ideas down and whatnot, and maybe someone will lend me a nice mic so i dont have to use the cheapo one im using now! (hinthintnudgenudge)

Even as a rough version, i thought it was cool, and since i dont know when he will be back here to track again, i will give you this in the meantime:

The song is called "Eureka"
and you can find it here:
http://www.myspace.com/iambulb
or
http://www.soundclick.com/bulb

enjoy!

thanks dudes
ah i actually need to take down that toneport thing in my gear list, it was our old singer jake's and it left when he did.
i used the x3 for the vocals as it has vocal preamps.

Sounds great! I know this is a rough track, but I'd raise the vocals just a tad :)

Man, could you share a little more information on your guitar and bass patches, please?

Hahah, it would be like the 5,000,000,000th time Bulb has talked about how he gets his drum sound.

~006

KILLER!
The vocals sound REALLY nice! Guitar tone is not my cup of tea, but brutal anyway ;)
Would you mind if I, when I do my frst vocal recordings next week, write you a pm and ask some questions ? ;)

thanks dudes
ah i actually need to take down that toneport thing in my gear list, it was our old singer jake's and it left when he did.
i used the x3 for the vocals as it has vocal preamps.

I guess that using Toneport or the PODx3 for vocals is pretty much the same thing, in terms of tone. Mind share more details about your vocal PODx3 settings and external plugins that you use after it? It sounds very good! Thanks for the reply : )

nice stuff. he's pretty good. I think he'd fit pretty well doing vocals for periphery.

I'd let you borrow a shure sm7b if I was anywhere near you.

as always, I like the music...but the vocals are awesome! he should be periphery's singer!

if you listen to more songs you may get more of a sense of what im going for, but hey its not for everyone, at the end of the day im just trying to make music that sounds good to me haha