Bulb/OMNOM - New OMNOM Song Up On Myspace!!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey dudes and supposed dudettes!
Elliot and i just finished up a new OMNOM song and we thought we would share it with you!
The vibe on this one is a little different from the last one, and we are both happy with the way it came out.
Anyways if you want to check it out just head over to http://www.myspace.com/omnomband
Its called "The Reporter"

Hope you guys dig it!

Enjoy!

i like that kind of voice, it needs to be fixed in a couple of parts in the first track though.
It's just that there's too much contrast with the sound of guitars but that could be different from the common stuff

That's a very special voice and I believe people would recognize it easily, and I think this project of yours sounds very good ;)

The "off-notes" are part of the style ... just like bands like Glassjaw.

I don't like it. Too unpoppy for me. But well done and very recognizeable ...

Misha: write a more accessible tune and you might have a good chance in the indy area with this.

thanks guys!
obviously we are expecting some people to like it and some people to hate it because he has such an interesting and unique voice, but i personally love it and i have really been enjoying working on these songs.

fader:you know although you may be right, if we end up writing something then that will be awesome, but we wont force anything and we will take it as the ideas come, our goal with this isnt to be marketable or anything, its just to have fun!

"interesting" vocals, I am not quite shure whether I like it or not. Especially the falsetto (is this the right epression? or is it "head voice"?) sounds "unique" ... if that's good or bad.... not shure :) but instruments and overall sound are awesome ;)
Would like it more if there was some shouting or grunting :)
cheers

Sounds like you guys are having fun! I can tell the way you write you're having a blast writing the music. I personally wouldn't go out and seek a singer like him for any of my own work - but that's purely personal taste on my own project. He's very unique and gives a lot to this kinda rock. I'm diggin' it! Plus your acronym just can't be beat.....

Misha: you know I am a commercial pop bastard. I grew up on Michael Jackson, for god's sake ... how could I ever get out of this mindset :D

It's all good. My comment was more meant to say that you guys have a lot of potential.

Once I saw the bands name I associated it with the delicious potato mp :lol:

turtlepotato.jpg

haha thanks a lot guys!
yeah im going to be tweaking the drum mix (and mix in general) with each song!

It also reminded me a bit of Protest also, but I think it's because there aren't many high-pitched melodic singing math metal bands out there. It sounds good.