New Project Im Working On!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
My Friend Elliot and I have started a new project just for poops and snickers. Basically i think he has an amazing voice, and i wanted to write music with him that would showcase that. Right now the only goal is to get enough songs done for an ep or a full length even, but i figured i would share our first track with you guys!

We called the band "Of Man Not Of Machine" so that someday we can sell shirts that say OMNOM on them and we can then call our ep or album NOMNOM and then i can truly be happy.

Check it out here:
http://www.myspace.com/omnomband

enjoy!

Very nice! Smooth and light. Yes, the voice.

Nice solo sound, even though that terrible myspace compression makes everything sound like the record companies thought mp3's sounded back in the days. ;)

Your MySpace is being weird for me, theres one version of the audio playing that I can't stop and then theres the MySpace player as well, which can play at the same time. But I can't stop the other audio. :/

But its great, I agree he sounds like the Muse singer sometimes.

@TheDude
Is the MySpace compression AUDIO compression (ie. a compressor, like I think there is on YouTube), or shitty mp3 compression? If its the latter...we're uploading mp3's anyway so why does it need to convert them again? ><

edit, again.. was just checking out the Periphery page, and noticed that it says "Blub" instead of Bulb under the Members bit, might want to change that ;p

@TheDude
Is the MySpace compression AUDIO compression (ie. a compressor, like I think there is on YouTube), or shitty mp3 compression? If its the latter...we're uploading mp3's anyway so why does it need to convert them again? ><

The Myspace player recompress the files into a smaller, shittier format for their dedicated player. 96kbit? Similar to what youtube does. IMO, soundclick (and others) is still listenable, but myspace...:yuk:

Your MySpace is being weird for me, theres one version of the audio playing that I can't stop and then theres the MySpace player as well, which can play at the same time. But I can't stop the other audio. :/

But its great, I agree he sounds like the Muse singer sometimes.

@TheDude

edit, again.. was just checking out the Periphery page, and noticed that it says "Blub" instead of Bulb under the Members bit, might want to change that ;p

haha all the other names are "mis" spelled as well

If that's the same Elliot I'm thinking of, the other day he told me the Blackstar HT Pure Valve Overdrive pedal is "real djenty". Sounds good! (Your new song, not the pedal.) :headbang:

thanks a lot guys!!
apologies for shitty myspace compression, i wish the new player would let people download the songs...
If that's the same Elliot I'm thinking of, the other day he told me the Blackstar HT Pure Valve Overdrive pedal is "real djenty". Sounds good! (Your new song, not the pedal.) :headbang:

ah yeah thats probably him, he works at guitar center in rockville!

Nah, you're not the only one. Doesn't quite do it for me either. I think they don't sit right, rhythmically. Apart from that I think the style itself unfortunately does the music no favors.

Sorry dude - great music as usual, but I think the vocals let it down.

as with everywhere else i posted, the responses have been all over the place, and im actually glad about that, thanks guys!

His vocals remind me a bit of anthony green on the higher notes.

I likee

Oh yeah, Bulb make a fucking soundclick for this stuff! Or put it on the Bulb soundclick!
The compression on the myspace page, I'm sure, is hurting all our ears D: