BULB/PERIPHERY - "The Walk" with vocals uploaded to myspace!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys!
Just to show you we have been working hard on vocals for the album we figured we would upload another song with vocals for all of y'all!
We uploaded "The Walk" and uploaded it to myspace here:
http://www.myspace.com/periphery

soundclick is acting up right now so once it starts behaving ill upload it there as well so you guys can download it if you want!

Also as a little treat here is a nice little preview of a new OMNOM (Of Man Not Of Machine) song for you guys to enjoy as well:
http://www.myspace.com/omnomband (the first song "Metal Gear")

Anyways we will keep working hard on the vocals for the album, we are right on schedule as things are, and we should have the album finished by the time spring is over so it can be in stores this summer when we plan to tour lots!

Enjoy!!

Noice :)

I agree with the vocals needing de-essing, :) some parts just sound like theyre taking over almost the whole mix.

sounds awesome though man, im still working on my axe fx tone, yours is sick :D

sounds really good! I like the version with jake's vox better. he just had that brutal flow this guy doesn't have. lol. good thing i still got it on muh ipod!! im not saying he sucks! he's good, but i prefer jake's brootulz.

Wow thanks a lot guys!!
Yeah its axefx on this one, i absolutely love that unit!!!
Hmm i dont know much about de-essers except that the ones i have tried have always messed with the character of the vocals, any reccomendations for good transparent ones that i can just pop on without ruining the sound haha?

If you want something really tweakable, try setting up a multiband comp for the sibilance region of his voice and tweaking from there. Other than that the Wave RDe-esser does the job for me.

Ermin your sig offends the fuck out of me haha!
I <3 Nuendo ._.

The more Chris shows off his growls the more I'm impressed.
Definately needs De-essing though, woah.

EDIT: yeah this is fucking savage
holy fuck
this song just gets better.
what the utter FUCK did you do to that snare drum aswell?!?! jesus fucking christ.

thanks moonlapse! btw i mix in nuendo hahah, but then again i enjoy the good ol' dildo in the ass so maybe thats why i love it so much?

xrateddodo: haha yeah im pretty happy with the drum sound for a change, i took some adderall and basically worked on every aspect of the mix for 2 days straight to prepare for the album haha, i basically was going crazy towards the end but it was worth it!