Burzum - Belus (aka "Den Hvite Guden") (2010)

Still don't get the ridiculous praise for this album. Especially as far as "album of the year" goes. Really, just because it's Burzum and black metal doesn't make it amazing.

Uh, try his first 4 albums?

To be honest I think I enjoyed Belus more than I enjoyed those. And it's not because of the relatively sterile production of Belus or the fact that it's probably one of the rather accessible Burzum albums.

I second what Dodens said. I'd go as far as to say that Glemselens Elv is his best song yet.

Could you point me to something of his that's better? No sarcasm intended.

I would say production wise and musicianship wise it is his best release. It is also more consistent than the first 2 albums. But as good as the songs are it does not have anything on the level of say songs like Det Som Engang Var, My Journey to the Stars, etc. I would definitely say his 3rd and 4th albums are better.

Still don't get the ridiculous praise for this album. Especially as far as "album of the year" goes. Really, just because it's Burzum and black metal doesn't make it amazing.

No one is saying that it's "album of the year".The general consensus is that it's good, but to get too hyped up about.

Yeah, and Tomhet is probably alittle better anyway. But the best song he has done is Dunkelheit (or Burzum if you want to get nitpicky).

Thanks to this album, I keep on finding myself repeating the spoken vocals in Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning.

"Jeg reiser...til Kelio...."

Before album be realesed I thaught it will be weaker work than the early albums because he didnt do music about 11 years and this album maybe be unworthy.
But after listening to album I think its just not that bad and worthy stuff to have.
But my opinion is that his "det som engang var" and "filosofem" are better than this album.the rhytme of songs are a little same and guitar work is not good as old albums of his.
I like the title track.