Burzum

^ Agree with Master Yoda. Dunkelheit and Erblicket Die Tochter Des Firmament are perhaps a bit better, but I will always love that song. The beginning sounds really pissed off.

Kinda poor start by TS, but yeah. It's a great song although it's not his best. I rank Det som en gang var much higher, not just that song, also Tomheit and Rundgang... is better. Yeah, I love his ambient songs.

Can someone tell me if the new Burzum albums are worthy? I doubt that they're on the same plane as his old music, though they might be very solid on their own.

I was stunned by Beherit's comeback, so maybe I'd be surprised pleasantly.

Can someone tell me if the new Burzum albums are worthy? I doubt that they're on the same plane as his old music, though they might be very solid on their own.

They're good.

Filosofem > Hvis Lyset Tar Oss > Belus > Fallen > everything else

Belus is really, really good.

Belus is good and all, but I'd be more likely to listen to some of the better Burzum clones. I never mustered up the enthusiasm to listen to Fallen all the way through. I wasn't wowed by the couple of tracks I heard and didn't investigate further.

I really like Fallen!

I also like his ambient stuff. The whole album, Dauði Baldrs.

Belus and Fallen are alright. They are entertaining but not "big" enough sounding in my opinion.

Filosofem encompasses you and takes you to a new dimension

I feel the new Burzum stands equally alongside the older albums, it's just that our perception of Burzum has changed because of how much music, chiefly black metal, has developed during the period Varg was incarcerated for.