A little illustration:

(My) anticipation of Belus - XXXXX
Quality of Belus - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anticipation of Fallen (based on quality of Belus) - XXXXXXXXX
Quality of Fallen - XXXXXX

How people rate HLTO - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
How good HLTO actually is - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is Filosofem better than HLTO - YES
Should Varg release another album (based on the descending quality of his new material) - NOT REALLY
I quite agree with that. Although I would rate Belus far lower than HLTO.
And, let him try and do another album. Might be as good as Belus.

HLTO is definitely Varg's best, Filosofem a close second. Then Belus, then Burzum/Aske, then Fallen, then DSEV in last. I even like the ambient stuff but it's not on the same tier.

Really? I think its a much more interesting album than the debut. The songs have much more detail and intricacy. The debut is very good, but the songs lack depth and texture of DSEV.

I listened to Rundgang blah blah today and it was awesome.

Yeah it's a great instrumental.
Really? I think its a much more interesting album than the debut. The songs have much more detail and intricacy. The debut is very good, but the songs lack depth and texture of DSEV.
I've just never enjoyed DSEV as much as the debut as a whole. I know DSEV is the more consistent, intricate album, but I dunno. It doesn't have songs like Ea, My Journey, etc.

HLTO is a great album, and I think Filosofem is the album that gets most people into Burzum, which in my opinion makes it a good album. Once I was finished with Filosofem though, I really began to appreciate Det Som Engang Var and it remains my favorite Burzum album to this day. One of the more underrated Burzum albums.