Cabinet Sim

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
I run protools 10. I currently own Podfarm, Eleven LE. Im wondering if i would benefit from getting a cab sim or perhaps complete amp sim. I've been looking at recabinet. Im really not a fan of using a vst host, i'd like to stick with rock solid plugins. I'd prefer to pay for it than it be free and have a shitty gui and stability. Anyone using Podfarm in conjunction with recabinet? Thanks.

I've found LePou's amp sims to be superior to those of Podfarm's in all respects.

As for cab sims, ReCabinet is a great loader and their cab sims have Pod's beat hands down.

For cabsim, I use this :
http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpedo-pi-101-wos/

Many options, poweramp sims, many cabs and mics, you place the mic where you want and it sounds very good... that's an amazing software.
The full version is a bit pricey, but you'll get the new cabs for free with no limit.

If you're on a budget, there are more affordable versions (bass, modern, vintage, each with one set of cabs and no future cab updates).

Just bought Recabinet. Anyone using this with POD Farm?

I use Recabinet after POD farm, but only for bass guitar tones. The Manatee bass cab miked with R121 at the "far" setting = awesome bass room tone to blend with a more direct Sansamp tone.

So i have at my disposal Waves GTR, POD Farm and Eleven LE. Time to start playing around with Recabinet. Any suggestions would be stellar. So far i've tried oversize cab, with a few mics through the cali diamond amp in pod farm. Honestly it seemed to loose power when i turned the cab off in podfarm and used recab. I've only played with it for 2 minutes, so im sure i need to do a little experimenting. Getting used to in the box guitar tones might take me a bit. Have a good weekend \m/\m/

I'd prefer to pay for it than it be free and have a shitty gui and stability.

abandon your principles and buy Onqel an xxl case of beer for x50 v1.0.2 ;)
sounds fuckin banging with recabinet!

edit: plus you get cool gui and its stable like a horse :D

Thanks Dude, very helpful. Are you cranking the output knob at the top right of the window or on the amphead itself?

yes i have it in rtas, perhaps Kazrog could chime in on "less" power feeling when disabling the cab in podfarm. any suggestions or advice is always welcome \m/