2 Daws?

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
Im a Mac Guy using Protools 10, garageband also came on the computer when i bought it. Im not able to use a lot of the free/decent amp sims because they are not RTAS. I do have all the big name commercial products (Avid Eleven, PODFarm w/Metal Shop Pack, Waves GTR3, Recabinet. Im not really into using/paying for a VST wrapper. Is it a crazy thought to maybe try processing guitars in garage band and then bring them back into protools? Is there a better method i am missing. Would i be better off doing it on a different computer/daw completely? A free wrapper? Why doesn't LePou make RTAS?

Also, any PODFarm -> Recabinet -> Post effects , suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i appreciate the reaper advice, but i wont be switching from protools for my mixing, i would only use reaper for this specific need. which the more i think about using 2 daws , the more it sounds like a bad/stupid idea. Lepou RTAS please....

Use logic or reaper, end of story sadly. I use primarily pro tools but I end up re amping dis in logic and then importing it into pro tools and using the cab sim within PT. LePou stuff doesn't work in the wrapper (except lecab)

Thanks Chris,
Couple of questions (perhaps some dumb)

1. How are you puting your di's from protools to other daw and back again, more so how are you lining the audio back up? Hand slipping it back in or is there a specific method you use? I could obviously do this i'm just curious to your method.

2. How are you making amp/tone decisions without everything involved? Cabs , other instruments etc.

Thanks.

Maybe you could try Logic, i think its kind of similar to Pro Tools if you're used to that. Otherwise Reaper is great and free (if you wait 5 sec every time you start it up) and it's really easy to get into in the beginning.

Yeah a lot of my plugs are AAX. Just looking for the best way to get some lepou stuff into my workflow. On a Mac with PT.