Calling all Opeth homos

Probably because of the female vocals but I can agree.

EDIT: does anyone know the name of the female singer on "Coil" and where they found her?

Natalie Lorichs, she's apparently a pretty well-known folk singer in Sweden or something like that. But she's with one of the guys in the band...don't remember who though.

Edit: I think it's Ax.

Hey guys I just wanted to drop in and remind you that Opeth sucks shit.

I wanted to say that all the time this thread had existed, but I was so afraid someone would find and rape me. With Akerfeldt's stupid fucking acoustic song parts. The formula of Opeth songwriting is so stupid I can't bear it.

I wanted to say that all the time this thread had existed, but I was so afraid someone would find and rape me. With Akerfeldt's stupid fucking acoustic song parts. The formula of Opeth songwriting is so stupid I can't bear it.

I like how people say this as if it's supposed to be the whole reason people like Opeth. Maybe you should try getting over the acoustic parts and taking some time to notice things like the fucking amazing riffs, the atmosphere, the quality of the vocals (harsh and clean), etc. Just a suggestion.

I like how people say this as if it's supposed to be the whole reason people like Opeth. Maybe you should try getting over the acoustic parts and taking some time to notice things like the fucking amazing riffs, the atmosphere, the quality of the vocals (harsh and clean), etc. Just a suggestion.

Unless it has breakdowns, I'm sure those other guys won't like it :lol:

Your fucking inane drivel is wasting my god damn bandwidth. If you hate Opeth so much, why the fuck do you even talk about them?

Rape? OBVIOUSLY not painful enough :)

I just heard some Opeth and I actually liked it, other stuff I heard before didn't interest me, but it just kinda clicked, what would you guys suggest for a starter album. (And don't tell me to not buy any, you aren't proving anything by trying to keep people from music they like.)

Basically, any of the first five rule. The first two are a lot less heavy than all the others, though (minus the acoustic album, which obviously isn't heavy).

If you're more into proggier stuff go for Ghost Reveries, BWP, and Watershed when it's out. Every other album except Orchid is good.