Calling all Opeth homos

Opeth can't decide if they want to be metal or acoustic/soft rock. I used to like them some five/six years ago, but not anymore.

They don't want to decide. They want to be both. That in itself isn't the problem. The problem is that they still, after all these years, haven't figured out how to write a structured song.

They could play one style exclusively, but if they still couldn't figure out how to arrange anything that made sense, it wouldn't matter.

They don't want to decide. They want to be both. That in itself isn't the problem. The problem is that they still, after all these years, haven't figured out how to write a structured song.

They could play one style exclusively, but if they still couldn't figure out how to arrange anything that made sense, it wouldn't matter.

:confused:

Mathiäs;7236338 said:
lol Orchid is by far the worst

If that's a joke, it's pretty funny because no one could possibly be that retarded. That statement is something on par with the humorous ignorance of Dubya.

If it is not a joke, then you're the joke.

Orchid isn't the worst or the best. But let's hear your detailed explanation supported by facts as to why you think it was their peak. Unless of course there is no fact and it's all opinion... in which case, who the fuck cares?

Lol you make it sound like you're basing this on fact, when it's really only your opinion.
I personally don't see how their songs aren't structured...the transitions surely aren't random since other parts build up to them throughout the songs. That's what most people seem to complain about anyway.

Mathiäs;7236338 said:
lol Orchid is by far the worst

Under The Weeping Moon? Forest Of October? The Apostle In Triumph? Those songs are some of their best imo.

@Valerie:

Maybe because it's one of the few albums in which they didn't focus all their energy into trying to sound as "proggy" and "intellectual" as possible? Maybe because it's one of the few albums in which they demonstrated some metallic energy and attitude, rather than trying to sound as "mature" and "intellectual" as possible? Maybe because it's one of the very albums in which their sound wasn't based on a fucking formula?

@Valerie:

Maybe because it's one of the few albums in which they didn't focus all their energy into trying to sound as "proggy" and "intellectual" as possible? Maybe because it's one of the few albums in which they demonstrated some metallic energy and attitude, rather than trying to sound as "mature" and "intellectual" as possible? Maybe because it's one of the very albums in which their sound wasn't based on a fucking formula?

I do believe I said to include facts, not more opinions and assumptions.