Camel

Camel is a progressive rock band, founded around 1970. But they're still active. Their sound is very melodic, often also using keyboards, and not that complicated. I like them very much. Check out "Moonmadness", "The Snow Goose", both from the 1970s, or "Rajaz", the latest one. Great songs are for example "Lunar Sea"(Moonmadness) and "Rhayader goes to Town"(Snow Goose).

alex

dude camel is awesome, they are a cool 70s prog rock band, here are some songs you should check out...

Lady Fantasy
Snow Goose
Never let go
White Rider

Also dont bother postingthat benighted is exactly the same as never let go...heheh we know already ;)

I happen to like Gentle Giant and Genesis more, from that 70's period of prog. Just a side note if you like Camel, definately check those two out, as well as Yes.

Camel fuckin rocks! Their flawless use of acoustics and their flute combinations are brilliant! Oh yeah, unlike other 70's bands Camel have extremely emotional sad songs. Thats what probably mostly got me to prefer them over the whole 70's wave of prog-rock.

I think the album snow goose should get the faggin Nobel price :p

for those here who are about to check snow goose out, start with the original studio recording, then check the Live album out with London symph orch.... :OMG:

There is nothing more exciting than discovering new music! Especially when it is music THIS DAMN GOOD that has slipped through my fingers for soooo loooong. :yell: :lol: